Advice most welcome

Old Oct 29th 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

gary edginton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice most welcome

Hello everyone that views this post

I am a 53 year old lorry driver (7.5 tonne) from Nottingham and seeing my brother recently who came over to the UK for a holiday,he has been in Canada for the last 31 years (he is a landed immigrant) we spoke in great depth about me investigating the potential in trying to seek employment over in Alberta or B C, the conflicting information I have read has lead me to try the forum and find out the facts from hopefully some of you that have gone through the experience already. I would also like to know if my brother who has 3 Canadian children can sponsor me in any way.

Thank you for your time and attention to this message

Cheers Gary
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice most welcome

Originally Posted by gary edginton
Hello everyone that views this post

I am a 53 year old lorry driver (7.5 tonne) from Nottingham and seeing my brother recently who came over to the UK for a holiday,he has been in Canada for the last 31 years (he is a landed immigrant) we spoke in great depth about me investigating the potential in trying to seek employment over in Alberta or B C, the conflicting information I have read has lead me to try the forum and find out the facts from hopefully some of you that have gone through the experience already. I would also like to know if my brother who has 3 Canadian children can sponsor me in any way.

Thank you for your time and attention to this message

Cheers Gary
He can't.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Well that at least clears that point up -Thank you
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Well that at least clears that point up -Thank you
Hi

Here is a little less blunt and more informative answer to your question

Q. Can I sponsor my brother or sister to come to Canada?

A. Siblings, namely brothers or sisters are not members of the family class, which are immediate family members, such as spouses, children, parents or grandparents, whose sponsorship is usually permitted subject to the financial ability of the sponsor. Siblings can immigrate to Canada through independent or skill-based immigration, and they will be given 5 points out of 67 points required if you are a sibling who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen living in Canada.

There are many different routes to Canada , so all hope is not lost. Two years ago a friend of mines moved to Toronto from the uk as he got a job offer doing exactly the job you do just now .

Good luck and hope you find a route !!
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much George
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Thank you very much George
No problem , this site is great asset to those who are looking to move abroad . You should take a look at the canada wiki as it contains almost everything you will want and need to know

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada
Old Oct 29th 2013, 4:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, as said above your brother can't sponsor you unfortunately, but have a look at the Wiki to see if there's another visa route open to you.

Good luck.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

i believe BC have a semi-skilled (trucking) stream for PR, as well as Alberta and Saskatchewan

You could ask your brother if he has any contacts in the trucking industry to see if you could set up some interviews with the aim of getting a TWP as well.

Old Oct 29th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, to get in as a truck driver on a TWP on the PNP scheme, you need a Class1 and 2-3 years experience in Long Haul and the job would be Long Haul over here as well.
Also you cannot get PR in Ontario as a Truck Driver.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilg14
Hello, to get in as a truck driver on a TWP on the PNP scheme, you need a Class1 and 2-3 years experience in Long Haul and the job would be Long Haul over here as well.
Also you cannot get PR in Ontario as a Truck Driver.
My friend who I'm speaking about lives in Cambridge Ontario , he got a twp as a long haul truck driver . I don't know the details as it wasn't my route to pr bit I know the majority of his work takes place through the states
Old Oct 29th 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can get a TWP in ON but not PR as a truck driver.
Also the pay in ON is shocking compared to other provinces.
IMHO, SK & MB probably have the best balance between earnings, house prices and ease of getting PR.