Advice / immigration lawyer

Old Jun 6th 2023, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Nbatches is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Advice / immigration lawyer

Hi everyone

I would really appreciate some advice. We have decided to try to move our lives to Canada. I am TEER 0 and a 00 something NOC (still getting used to the terminology). I used the EE calculator before I submitted my CELPIP exam and worked out i'd hit high 400s / low 500. Great I thought, just got to do the English test. I did and scored 12s across reading/writing/speaking/listening. I've submitted my application and i've been rejected because my points are not high enough. Not only hitting low 400s.

Im genuinely confused. I've tried to rework the calculator to see if I've made a mistake, but cant see any.

Has the calculator changed? Possibly I just make an error on the calculator first time around, but pretty sure I checked it over before I did the test.

Can anyone recommend a great immigration lawyer so talk through different options now that I have my celpip?

Thank you!
Old Jun 6th 2023, 10:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice / immigration lawyer

The points haven't changed, but there's no minimum points requirement on the CRS to enter the EE pool, so if you're actually being rejected it sounds like you're not meeting the first set of criteria, which is scoring 67 or more as a Skilled Worker. Only those who score 67 or more on that can enter the EE pool. So can you double check that as the first step and let us know what you score? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-workers.html

You mention CELPIP but not an ECA, have you got an ECA? Can you give us a full breakdown of the scores you think you should be getting, and the points you have been given, so we can see what's going wrong? Close to 500 would be very high without working in Canada (or a job offer), so it may be you worked it out wrong first time round, but give us more info and we can try and help.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 6th 2023 at 10:49 am.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your response. It was incredibly helpful.

I calculated on the calculator you sent - scored 78 on the Federal Skilled Worker link you sent me.

I just googled ECA - I haven't done that yet - so im guesstimating, but I trained as a lawyer, worked in finance professional services. So assuming it's transferable.

I just completed the CRS for express entry - to apply for perm residency, and scored 490.

Any direction you have for me is so much appreciated!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The points haven't changed, but there's no minimum points requirement on the CRS to enter the EE pool, so if you're actually being rejected it sounds like you're not meeting the first set of criteria, which is scoring 67 or more as a Skilled Worker. Only those who score 67 or more on that can enter the EE pool. So can you double check that as the first step and let us know what you score? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-workers.html

You mention CELPIP but not an ECA, have you got an ECA? Can you give us a full breakdown of the scores you think you should be getting, and the points you have been given, so we can see what's going wrong? Close to 500 would be very high without working in Canada (or a job offer), so it may be you worked it out wrong first time round, but give us more info and we can try and help.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, forgot to add, I sent myself the 'calculation' sheet, so can share it (maybe via DM?) if you'd like to see!
Old Jun 6th 2023, 3:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nbatches
Thank you so much for your response. It was incredibly helpful.

I calculated on the calculator you sent - scored 78 on the Federal Skilled Worker link you sent me.

I just googled ECA - I haven't done that yet - so im guesstimating, but I trained as a lawyer, worked in finance professional services. So assuming it's transferable.

I just completed the CRS for express entry - to apply for perm residency, and scored 490.

Any direction you have for me is so much appreciated!!
OK, so if you haven't got the ECA then that's why you've been rejected. It's mandatory for FSW/EE apps, all applicants require one. You need to get that first.

Sorry, forgot to add, I sent myself the 'calculation' sheet, so can share it (maybe via DM?) if you'd like to see!
Is this the calculation sheet from the application, or your own? It would be ideal if you could just upload it here (obviously removing any identifying info). But I suspect the points discrepancy is due to you not having an ECA - not only does that mean you're not eligible to apply, but it also means you will get 0 points for education.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Ok that is super helpful. Thank you. Is there a 'better' ECA to go to? I had a look through the list and there were a few geared towards pharmacists / doctors. I'm neither!

I will remove personal info and upload the calculation sheet from the website shortly!

Thank you again!!
Old Jun 6th 2023, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok that is super helpful. Thank you. Is there a 'better' ECA to go to? I had a look through the list and there were a few geared towards pharmacists / doctors. I'm neither!

I will remove personal info and upload the calculation sheet from the website shortly!

Thank you again!!
There's only one specific one for doctors, and one specific one for pharmacists. If you're neither, then any of the other designated organisation is fine. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...essed/how.html

I'd just go with whoever has the quickest processing time, they can vary hugely (check each website).