Advice following IEC

Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

IanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really nice
Default Re: Advice following IEC

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Provided you met all the requirements, theoretically yes.

However, you must have worked for a minimum of a year somewhere doing the same job - so if you have worked in the UK doing that for a year (can be accumulative - several part time jobs) then you would qualify.

"... at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience in a single occupation, within the last 10 years, at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)... "

Sorry, I have so many random questions. The whole system seems a bit cloudy when you don't understand it.

I had a look on the CIC website and it looks like I could apply for a temporary workers visa. Is this another option? I'm not too bothered on permanent status right now, I really just want to extend my ability to work over here more than just 12 months time.

Sorry about all the questions, I'd just rather know this in advance as I am currently jon hunting and want to make sure the path I chose will help my plans
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanT86
Sorry, I have so many random questions. The whole system seems a bit cloudy when you don't understand it.

I had a look on the CIC website and it looks like I could apply for a temporary workers visa. Is this another option? I'm not too bothered on permanent status right now, I really just want to extend my ability to work over here more than just 12 months time.

Sorry about all the questions, I'd just rather know this in advance as I am currently jon hunting and want to make sure the path I chose will help my plans
No problem!

You could only apply for a TWP if you can find an employer willing and able to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) - once approved and with a contract, you could go to the border and get a TWP.

I would suggest looking at Provincial Nomination - either for Ontario or one of the other Provinces that don't have such restrictive conditions, particularly if you are willing to change jobs. It would really depend on whether you are willing to move.

Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. There are more than 50 routes to PR in Canada, so perhaps a look at the wiki would help.

Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

IanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really niceIanT86 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No problem!

You could only apply for a TWP if you can find an employer willing and able to apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) - once approved and with a contract, you could go to the border and get a TWP.

I would suggest looking at Provincial Nomination - either for Ontario or one of the other Provinces that don't have such restrictive conditions, particularly if you are willing to change jobs. It would really depend on whether you are willing to move.

Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. There are more than 50 routes to PR in Canada, so perhaps a look at the wiki would help.

Again, thank you for all your help. I think the best route is to really isolate a bunch of jobs which fall into the skilled category, apply for those and prey I can get one. From there position myself internally to work with the manager in apply for some form of visa extension.

I can see a sales supervisor job is also on there, which may be an option and my current boss would certainly help me with a visa extension of some form.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IanT86
Again, thank you for all your help. I think the best route is to really isolate a bunch of jobs which fall into the skilled category, apply for those and prey I can get one. From there position myself internally to work with the manager in apply for some form of visa extension.

I can see a sales supervisor job is also on there, which may be an option and my current boss would certainly help me with a visa extension of some form.
You are very welcome.

If you could get a promotion to Sales Supervisor, that would be classed as a "B" - skilled.

You can't get a visa extension - IEC permits are not extendible, however, you could apply for PR (FSW with job offer) provided you meet all the requirements, then once you received AIP you could apply for a TWP. As you have been legally admitted to Canada for a minimum period of 1 year, you can choose Ottawa as your processing office (although the application is initially sent to Sydney, NS).

Major Group 62
Retail sales supervisors and specialized sales occupations

621 Retail sales
supervisors

Please read all the requirements to qualify for a FSW application, ultimately only you know if you meet all of them and it is imperative that you ensure you do before applying (or consider applying).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...7TOC.asp#eg72b