Advice on Entrepreneur Category

Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Rachel Straw is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice on Entrepreneur Category

Can anyone help??
My husband and I applied to immigrate to Canada in May 2004 under the 'Entrepreneur Class' as we had a very successful jewellery business in the UK. We eventually received PR status in Oct 2007 and now have 3 years to set up a qualifying Canadian business which means we have to turn over at least 250k per year and employ a Canadian. We were planning to do jewellery trade shows in Canada and the US, but have since found out that we are unable to trade in the US which will probably mean we wont turn over enough money. We are therefore finding it increasingly difficult to fulfill these visa conditions and now worry that in 2010 we will have to go back to the UK (even though I have now trained as a Realtor).
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has also found it difficult to set up a qualifying Canadian business and also if they didn't meet their visa conditions, were they asked to leave the country?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:13 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Entrepreneur Category

You can do business in the US, such as making sales calls, however the final sales must be made in Canada. If you wish to have a booth at US shows, so long as you hire American citizens to set up the booth and do the selling you should be OK.