Wikiposts

Advice on Employment History

Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:39 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on Employment History

I applied to immigrate to Canada exactly one year ago today. Since then I have quietly been trying to network a job in Canada with the knowledge that I am at the very least in the que.

My big fear is that my first job in 2000 was now 8 years ago and that if CIC do not look at my case until 2010/2011 I may no longer be able to obtain payslips and a reference letter from the employer. Should I go ahead and start collecting this documentation or would CIC not be very happy if the reference letter was over 2 years old?

I have really done my homework on the immigration process but this is something that is bothering me.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Employment History

Originally Posted by James Martindale
I applied to immigrate to Canada exactly one year ago today. Since then I have quietly been trying to network a job in Canada with the knowledge that I am at the very least in the que.

My big fear is that my first job in 2000 was now 8 years ago and that if CIC do not look at my case until 2010/2011 I may no longer be able to obtain payslips and a reference letter from the employer. Should I go ahead and start collecting this documentation or would CIC not be very happy if the reference letter was over 2 years old?

I have really done my homework on the immigration process but this is something that is bothering me.

Dude, just get it now. I'm sat here trying to piece together my past life and it is a b!tch doing it as a lot of companies have fallen off the radar and those still in existence do not need to keep records for more than 10 years.

So get your stuff together while you can.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:49 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Dude, just get it now. I'm sat here trying to piece together my past life and it is a b!tch doing it as a lot of companies have fallen off the radar and those still in existence do not need to keep records for more than 10 years.

That's what I am worried about. The ten year thing!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YYZlover

I agree with YYZlover get what you can get and file it, anything you can't get document and advise CIC when you apply.
I tried and failed to get the majority of my working history in a written reference format, but where I could I managed to get an acknowledgement to the fact that I worked at that company. Where the company was no longer trading I copied the information from companies house and looked for wage slips.