Advice on citizenship by descent!

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Hollyflynn22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Advice on citizenship by descent!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sounds like you're already a Canadian citizen then, and have been since birth. Maybe you didn't see the responses to your thread last year? Canadian Citizenship by descent

But you can double check here - https://na1se.voxco.com/SE/56/amican...ng=en&tui=auto

HTH.
That's great! how do i go about obtaining this? i need to order the proof of citizenship certificate before applying for a passport correct? or can i apply for a passport without one?

thanks!
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on citizenship by descent!

Originally Posted by Hollyflynn22
That's great! how do i go about obtaining this? i need to order the proof of citizenship certificate before applying for a passport correct? or can i apply for a passport without one?

thanks!
See the answers from your thread last year, yes you need proof of citizenship first then you can apply for the passport.

HTH.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

DarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond repute

See the answers from your thread last year, yes you need proof of citizenship first then you can apply for the passport.

HTH.
Born in 78 has precluded many from citizenship but as you were born to a Male between 75 and 09 you should be fine.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarwinCharles
Born in 78 has precluded many from citizenship but as you were born to a Male between 75 and 09 you should be fine.
What do you mean 'born to a male'?
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

DarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond reputeDarwinCharles has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean 'born to a male'?
Before the 75 act descent via female lineage only happened if you were born out pf wedlock if you married a non Canadian. After 75, that still applied but a quirk they introduced meant those born to Canadian moms.. Got a 'grant' which excluded any children they'd already had - especially 75-09 mostly 75-81. The actual acts are a real shambles. I've spent 12 yrs on this. It's not got any easier.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Before the 75 act descent via female lineage only happened if you were born out pf wedlock if you married a non Canadian. After 75, that still applied but a quirk they introduced meant those born to Canadian moms.. Got a 'grant' which excluded any children they'd already had - especially 75-09 mostly 75-81. The actual acts are a real shambles. I've spent 12 yrs on this. It's not got any easier.
None of that clarifies what you mean by 'born to a male'? Born to a male what??
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Well my mother was born to a Canadian father and a british mother in 78 so does that impact my citizenship by descent?
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well my mother was born to a Canadian father and a british mother in 78 so does that impact my citizenship by descent?
No, she was born in Canada so it's not relevant. Take the test on the CIC website above with your info and that will give you a more definitive answer.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

None of that clarifies what you mean by 'born to a male'? Born to a male what??
Claim on citizenship has depended on lineage. After 2009 that equaled out. The issues in previous acts still exist.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 2nd 2020 at 1:46 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

No, she was born in Canada so it's not relevant. Take the test on the CIC website above with your info and that will give you a more definitive answer.
Yes i did and it said "you are most likely a canadian citizen"
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Claim on citizenship has depended on lineage. After 2009 that equaled out. The issues in previous acts still exist.
I'm aware of all of that, same as with many other countries in the world including the UK. But that's not what I'm asking, you said to me I was 'born to a male' which makes no sense and I was asking you to clarify? Never mind though!
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

I'm aware of all of that, same as with many other countries in the world including the UK. But that's not what I'm asking, you said to me I was 'born to a male' which makes no sense and I was asking you to clarify? Never mind though!
Would you say i am a part of this lost canadian? that's quite worrying
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Would you say i am a part of this lost canadian? that's quite worrying
No, you're not. If the test above says you're probably a citizen, then just apply for your proof of citizenship and you should be all good.

Please do start your own new thread with any other questions about the process, thx.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

No, you're not. If the test above says you're probably a citizen, then just apply for your proof of citizenship and you should be all good.

Please do start your own new thread with any other questions about the process, thx.
You're right, she quite 'probably' is.. Probably is because of how useless the law is surrounding the act at that time. Apologies, I'm moving out this wkend which is why I've directed to the website.

Send off for it. The IRCC take their time but once you have it, makes things much easier.

Last edited by DarwinCharles; Oct 2nd 2020 at 3:13 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Would it be me that has to apply for the certificate or my mother? on the IRCC website it states: You can pass down your Canadian citizenship to your child by applying for a citizenship certificate. so that's confusing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.