Advice baby born in Canada

Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Advice baby born in Canada

Is it going to be a problem we did not know we had to add our new baby on to ou PR application as she is Canadian with birth certificate and passport now we have our PR but need to cross border for stamp will it be a problem? We thought with here been Canadian she did not make a difference to our PR application anyone got any advice?
Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:11 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice baby born in Canada

It won't be a problem. Stop fretting.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by pacepeter
Is it going to be a problem we did not know we had to add our new baby on to ou PR application as she is Canadian with birth certificate and passport now we have our PR but need to cross border for stamp will it be a problem? We thought with here been Canadian she did not make a difference to our PR application anyone got any advice?
Thanks
1. Read the forms and instructions. The child is a Canadian and isn't included as a dependent. You only have to amend the IMM 5406.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:59 am
Just Joined

marie 22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a baby in canada in february (both hubbie and I are british - he was already a pr) and my pr interview came through in march and i asked them then and they said that the baby is nothing to do with my application as he is canadain in his own right. The only time he would come into it was if my pr was denied and i could request it be looked at again as my dependent is canadian etc... i was given pr and landing at the interview :-)
Old Jul 12th 2012, 5:59 am
Banned

wonderwoman1st is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to fret like another said.

My child was also born in Canada while I was permanent resident which made him an automatic British-Canadian citizen for being born here and coming from UK born parents. My toddler has a British, and a Canadian passport, and I have applied for Citizenship now too.