Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

adverts in national papers regarding quick immigration?

adverts in national papers regarding quick immigration?

Old May 12th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adverts in national papers regarding quick immigration?

hi there,

me and my family are looking to move to canada in the near future as this has been our dream,after many trips and research okotoks is our number one choice.i am a plumber and after looking at job shortages we are hoping this could be a good route for us into canada as they are very short on them and are on "the list".the main question i wanted to ask though is that there are a lot of adverts in lots of national papers,publications etc.saying that trades people(including plumbing)they can get you into the country and a permanent visa in less than 9 months?is there any truth in this or is it misleading?what are the ins and outs as from what i read into it is that you are on a working visa and your pr gets fast tracked,but im not sure.and will my wife and kids be granted to come with me aswell until i got my pr? i know this could prompt some long replies but if someone could put it in laymans terms so we cqan understand it a bit better.thankyou very much
Old May 12th 2009, 5:50 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: adverts in national papers regarding quick immigration?

have you read the wiki? on the blue bar at the top of this page! that will be a good starting point for you to get your initial information from.....

as to using an 'immigration lawer'.......ummmmmm!!!! can you fill in forms? do you have the money? can you be prepared to wait? basically, if you can do the paperwork yourself, have no 'unusual circumstances' (not married, step-kids, birth certificates from far flung parts of the world etc etc.) then why pay somebody else to do it for you......

they will not 'fast track' you, they only do exactly the same paperwork as you will do, they have no magic inroad with the canadian authorities, no extra powers to get you 'in'.....

if your skills are on the list, then maybe a quick way for you, is to find the employer, get a provincial nominee programme, come over on a temp work permit, put in your PR and that's it!!!!! easy right?......
Old May 12th 2009, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Gibsonslanding is absolutely right. Stay away from companies that advertise in papers with 'magical' promises as they are usually scams and not even licensed CSIC agents.

If you are a plumber and meet the other criteria of a Skilled Worker (i.e. requisite number of points, proof of funds, pass the medical, no criminal record etc) then you would get a PR visa within 6-12 months of applying anyway.

Do it yourself and save a fortune - or if you do feel you need somebody to help you then don't go with a dodgy company like the ones you referred to. Find a registered CSIC immigration consultant or immigration lawyer and let them help instead.

Have a read of the Wiki or previous threads on here for all the info you should need.

Best of luck.
Old May 13th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks very much guys