Adult "child"on pnp?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Adult "child"on pnp?

HI,

I need to get some advice. My friends are hoping to apply to come and live in NS. He is a physio, so he can get it under the new list with his wife.

But they want to bring along her 32 year old daughter, who is independantly living ie not disabled or anything. She is a care assistant, so not on the list.

The only way I can see to do it is if they come on PR visa, she comes as visitor and/or gets a job offer and a TWP before she comes. Is this right?

My other question is; if they applied through PNP for NS, could they apply as a "trio"or would it have to be two independantly assessed applications?

Hope someone can help!
R
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adult "child"on pnp?

Hi

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
HI,

I need to get some advice. My friends are hoping to apply to come and live in NS. He is a physio, so he can get it under the new list with his wife.

But they want to bring along her 32 year old daughter, who is independantly living ie not disabled or anything. She is a care assistant, so not on the list.

The only way I can see to do it is if they come on PR visa, she comes as visitor and/or gets a job offer and a TWP before she comes. Is this right?

My other question is; if they applied through PNP for NS, could they apply as a "trio"or would it have to be two independantly assessed applications?

Hope someone can help!
R

1. She does not meet the definition of dependent, so she can't be included in the application and would have to apply on her own.
2. As a care assistance, it is unlikely to be considered "skilled work" and she may have difficulty in find an employer who is able to get an LMO for the job.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought but if they would consider another province there are other PNP's that allow the sponsorship of adult children - Alberta, Manitoba and I believe SK are among them (there may be others that I'm not aware of). They'd have to be PR's for a certain length of time before they could sponsor her though, and they'd have to settle in a different province from their first choice, but it might be worth mentioning to them in case she struggles to get a TWP.

Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. She does not meet the definition of dependent, so she can't be included in the application and would have to apply on her own.
2. As a care assistance, it is unlikely to be considered "skilled work" and she may have difficulty in find an employer who is able to get an LMO for the job.

Just had a look under occupations under pressure for NS on the list
6474, baby sitters live in nanie and parent helpers, just a thought to get her in under her own steam ?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Has anyone tried the PNP route as a trio?

I was thinking NS CI - that is how we got in!

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Is the live in care giver scheme still in existance?
That could be a route for a care assistant?

I just found the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/caregiver/index.asp

Last edited by pennyhp; Jan 21st 2009 at 4:18 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Is the live in care giver scheme still in existance?
That could be a route for a care assistant?

I just found the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/caregiver/index.asp
Its on the list ? i assume that means yes
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Funny

I was musing the question, then I had the bright idea of looking it up on the cic website.......

But thank you for bringing it up.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Funny

I was musing the question, then I had the bright idea of looking it up on the cic website.......

But thank you for bringing it up.

Anything to get me out of painting anymore today
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
No the Live in Caregiver is not on the "list" It is a separate program where the person has to work as a live in Caregiver for either children or the elderly for 2 years, and then they can apply for PR in Canada.

Note the family stream that was mentioned in another post for Sask/Alta/Manitoba, the sponsoring family must have PR and has lived in the province from 1 to 2 years.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for this info, I will tell them about the live in caregiver programme. I presume there is not a list of jobs currently going anywhere?! Are they just adhoc on Career beacon / job bank?

They are coming to live in NS to be nearer us, so the idea of another province is a definite no-go, but a good idea all the same!

Rachel
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No the Live in Caregiver is not on the "list" It is a separate program where the person has to work as a live in Caregiver for either children or the elderly for 2 years, and then they can apply for PR in Canada.

Note the family stream that was mentioned in another post for Sask/Alta/Manitoba, the sponsoring family must have PR and has lived in the province from 1 to 2 years.
I meant the occupations under pressure list 6474 for NS