Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Adoption of Child: Andrew Miller OR Jim Please

Adoption of Child: Andrew Miller OR Jim Please

Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:37 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adoption of Child: Andrew Miller OR Jim Please

Hi All,
Actually my brother is going to apply for Canadian Immigration under skilled immigration category. He is already taking care of three kids who are his nephew. Now he's seriously thinking to adopt them and bring them to Canada once get his immigration: My questions are as under:

1) Is it possible to do this? If yes then how many children he can adopt and is there any condition of length of duration ? I am asking this because he has not done this so far.

2) Will there be any impact on his own immigration application?

Thanks

Johnson
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:48 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adoption of Child: Andrew Miller OR Jim Please

Andrew Miller?? You've not been around here lately have you?

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question...
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:24 am
Banned

Thanks for the reply, if someone knows, please let me know ASAP.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:30 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnson
Hi All,
Actually my brother is going to apply for Canadian Immigration under skilled immigration category. He is already taking care of three kids who are his nephew. Now he's seriously thinking to adopt them and bring them to Canada once get his immigration: My questions are as under:

1) Is it possible to do this? If yes then how many children he can adopt and is there any condition of length of duration ? I am asking this because he has not done this so far.

2) Will there be any impact on his own immigration application?

Thanks

Johnson
If he did not adopt them, would he just leave them behind?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:35 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If he adopts them before he lands that would be a great no-no. He can adopt them later, after landing, with the risk of some delays in the process while the niceties of the recent accord on international adoption are observed. If he adopts them legally and adds them to his application then they have to be examined and could accompany him to Canada.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:49 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If they are living with him now, what happens to the kids in the meantime? The focus here is more about the applicant than the welfare of the kids.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that is something for him to consider. My suggestion would be that he adopt them if possible and add them to his application.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I agree that is something for him to consider. My suggestion would be that he adopt them if possible and add them to his application.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for reply, he's currently taking care of them but he did not get marry himself yet. He is going to marry now and also preparing for final documentation for adoption. He is planning to land here with his wife and three kids, once get immigration..

Thanks a lot

Johnson