Adivce for Mrs Impatient

Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Adivce for Mrs Impatient

Good evening everyone who reads my mail :-)
All advice welcome please, including the stuff I dont want to hear......
We just want in insider's point of view, should we stay or should we go!

We have applied for Nomination from NS and are waiting for that to come through in the next 6 weeks or so then we will be sending everything off to London. However we want to move over early (apparently the wait time for london is 13 months now) so we would be looking to get our PR end of Oct 2012 .....ages away

So our plan was to move over there on visitors visas from about June/July and await our PR from there. We were planning on getting a job although we heard that only the main applicant can apply, is this true? and also the main applicant would have to have a job from the A or B cat on the NOC list, is that also correct?
Another worry we have is our medicals? would we have to go back to the UK to have them done or can we get them done in Halifax? does it cost much more than the UK?

Thank you for taking the time to read this even if you have no reply to give.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adivce for Mrs Impatient

Originally Posted by Bertie41
Good evening everyone who reads my mail :-)
All advice welcome please, including the stuff I dont want to hear......
We just want in insider's point of view, should we stay or should we go!

We have applied for Nomination from NS and are waiting for that to come through in the next 6 weeks or so then we will be sending everything off to London. However we want to move over early (apparently the wait time for london is 13 months now) so we would be looking to get our PR end of Oct 2012 .....ages away

So our plan was to move over there on visitors visas from about June/July and await our PR from there. We were planning on getting a job although we heard that only the main applicant can apply, is this true? and also the main applicant would have to have a job from the A or B cat on the NOC list, is that also correct?
Another worry we have is our medicals? would we have to go back to the UK to have them done or can we get them done in Halifax? does it cost much more than the UK?

Thank you for taking the time to read this even if you have no reply to give.
London process PNP Applications within a 6 - 8 month time period - not 13 months so you should have PR long before next June.

Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
London process PNP Applications within a 6 - 8 month time period - not 13 months so you should have PR long before next June.

medicals can be done in canada - just look for the nearest immigration approved doctor on the cic website
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Our NS-PNP application took 11 months, and that was with us sending off things as required as fast as possible. It does seem to be taking a bit longer than the 6-8 months that they were doing a couple of years ago. The waiting is definitely the worst part!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by izzi81
Our NS-PNP application took 11 months, and that was with us sending off things as required as fast as possible. It does seem to be taking a bit longer than the 6-8 months that they were doing a couple of years ago. The waiting is definitely the worst part!
just be thankful you're not in one of the other slow moving queues
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your replys

Spaceace, yes we are very thankful we are doing the shorter route, even so im still no good at waiting !

AnyDavid, on the CIC website it says 13 months now, it was 11 months in June but has now gone up, although im keeping my fingers crossed that you are right and im wrong.

So any reasons why we shouldnt go sooner rather than later?
Ok so we can get our medicals done there thats great
What abaout work? anyone know the rules about that?

Many thanks
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What abaout work? anyone know the rules about that?
Depends what your status there is. If you are just on visitor visas, then no, you can't work at all. But if you have your work permit, then of course you can.

Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

christmasoompa, from what we have heard as we will have our Nomination we can apply for a TWP (or similar) but we have a feeling it is only for jobs in A and B catagory. Think we have to get the job first but we are not up against the employer having to prove there is no Canadian avaliable for the job, so if we get it we can apply for the WP.
So although we will go over as visitors we are allowed to get a job I think ......hummmmm
This is soooooo confusing
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

christmasoompa, from what we have heard as we will have our Nomination we can apply for a TWP (or similar) but we have a feeling it is only for jobs in A and B catagory. Think we have to get the job first but we are not up against the employer having to prove there is no Canadian avaliable for the job, so if we get it we can apply for the WP.
So although we will go over as visitors we are allowed to get a job I think ......hummmmm
This is soooooo confusing
Which PNP stream are you applying under?

If it's one that requires a job offer (which presumably you've already got if you've applied), then yes, you'd need the job offer first and it would normally need to be Skilled (which is Level A, O or B, not just A & B), but if it's one that doesn't (such as the CIS), then no job offer is required.

Seems you've got a bit confused, but without knowing further info about the visa route you are taking, nobody can really give you the answers! And some of the info you mention is making it unclear - why would you move over on visitor visas if you've been nominated by the time you go, and therefore would be on TWP's? If you could clarify things, then hopefully we can help.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 8th 2011 at 5:04 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Oh dear yes i must have got in a big muddle

Ok so we are applying for the P Nomination with Hants county. Paperwork being sent off this week to Halifax
However we want to move over before our PR comes through (6 weeks + 13 months time) so that is why im asking all the questions.
As you can see I am very impatient
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok so we are applying for the P Nomination with Hants county.
OK, but which stream? Presumably the Community Identified Stream?

However we want to move over before our PR comes through (6 weeks + 13 months time) so that is why im asking all the questions. As you can see I am very impatient
I can understand wanting to move before your PR comes through, but you've mentioned being there on a visitor visa and I don't understand why that would apply - if you've been nominated, then surely you'd be there on your TWP's and have that status rather than visitors?

Whether you choose to go before you get PR is another matter, it's a big risk to take. Perhaps I'm must being overcautious having seen so many people on here be refused PR, but what if they return your application because you missed a box and didn't put 'Not Applicable' in it, or you fail the medical? Just something to think about maybe, but your call obviously.

Given that it will cost you probably at least £10k to move over, personally I'd just wait the extra six months or so to get PR for security, but then I'm dull like that!

Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:14 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

I think OP sounds as though they have applied through the Community Identified Stream if they are applying from the UK......

Yes, once you have nomination from NS, you are on what is called implied status, which means you will be able to look for work without needing a LMO and yes, you are right, this is only applicable for the main applicant. Once the main applicant has been granted a TWP though, I think the spouse can then also get a work permit, which I have heard is an open one.

If you look at our timeline, we started the application process last year, I think July August time (I can't see my timeline as I am typing this ) and got PPR last month. We also, like Izzi sent off the paperwork as quickly as we could after getting nomination. It took just over a year for us from start to finish but I don't regret waiting for PPR before moving. We were tempted to do the visitor visa thing at times but at least now we can leave and say goodbye to friends and family properly, plus tie up any loose ends we may have here before moving permanently. Best wishes and good luck for the process
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by engineer80
I think OP sounds as though they have applied through the Community Identified Stream if they are applying from the UK......

Yes, once you have nomination from NS, you are on what is called implied status, which means you will be able to look for work without needing a LMO and yes, you are right, this is only applicable for the main applicant. Once the main applicant has been granted a TWP though, I think the spouse can then also get a work permit, which I have heard is an open one.

If you look at our timeline, we started the application process last year, I think July August time (I can't see my timeline as I am typing this ) and got PPR last month. We also, like Izzi sent off the paperwork as quickly as we could after getting nomination. It took just over a year for us from start to finish but I don't regret waiting for PPR before moving. We were tempted to do the visitor visa thing at times but at least now we can leave and say goodbye to friends and family properly, plus tie up any loose ends we may have here before moving permanently. Best wishes and good luck for the process
Danger Will Robinson!

Of course, what's not being mentioned here is that even if you do have PNP - thus giving 'implied' status to work under a TWP - you still have to get into the country!

Assuming you are asked, what will you tell immigration when you are at the airport, and they ask 'purpose of visit' or 'where are you staying' or 'how long for'?

I was turned back at the Detroit/Windsor bridge (PNP Nomination in hand) for 'not being a genuine visitor'.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

oooh good point above, thank you .......more reason not to go early