Address Change Experiences

Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road
Default Address Change Experiences

I'm current ly in the process of applying for a family class visa. My application has been in process in London since 19th April.

I will be moving house on the 20th August so I sent CHC a letter informing them of the adress change and I included a SAE and asked them to reply to confirm they had done this.

I have yet to hear back and i'm getting worried they won't change the address and if/when my PPR is sent out I won't get it.

Has anyone chnaged their address before and is so where CHC on the ball in regards to sorting it out?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:48 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Address Change Experiences

Are you not able to arrange for the post office to forward your mail to you? CHC can be sloppy and slow in making such changes.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

I think this is what i'll do. I'm not 100% confident in CHC sorting it out.

At least if I get all my mail redirected I won't be worrying about it.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

shadowplay is an unknown quantity at this point

I would certainly have the mail directed as the poster suggested.

When CIC send future mail, in your replies keep sending a covering slip with the new address or address labels on the envelope. If the mail is directed from your old address, this is one way of reminding them.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:16 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I've changed my address with CHC twice, once when we moved to Bangkok, and again when my OH went back to the UK for a few months earlier in the year. CHC didn't acknowledge this, but managed to correctly send med / pp requests to the correct UK address.

After returning to Bangkok (after landing) and living in a different apartment, I was surprised to find a refund on our ROLF had arrived at my OLD Bangkok address (and I hadn't even requested it!). Go figure as they say...

Cheers
Alan
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lotte Bell has a brilliant futureLotte Bell has a brilliant futureLotte Bell has a brilliant futureLotte Bell has a brilliant futureLotte Bell has a brilliant futureLotte Bell has a brilliant future

I have changed my address twice and CHC changed the addresses. I never got anything acknowledging this but I have recived all my mail from them to my new address. I did however send CHC an email, fax and letter! Hope all works out well for you!