British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Address Change and e-client!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/address-change-e-client-269189/)

CanDreams Nov 29th 2004 12:07 pm

Address Change and e-client!!!

Hi,

I have fax my request to change my mailing address about a month ago to CIC Singapore, but still I can't see my new address updated in e-client.

Any idea if its usual or do I need to contact them again? any advise pls.

Thanks
CD

willhrhodes Nov 29th 2004 12:11 pm

Re: Address Change and e-client!!!

It took over a month for my address change to show up.

Originally Posted by CanDreams
Hi,

I have fax my request to change my mailing address about a month ago to CIC Singapore, but still I can't see my new address updated in e-client.

Thanks
CD

agmaa Nov 29th 2004 1:20 pm

I had the same thing from Cairo-Egypt, it took about two week to update the e-client. But the address is changed immediatly.

Regards,

CanDreams Nov 29th 2004 2:10 pm

Hi

But in my case one month is already over, but address in e-client is still not changed.

I sent them a fax in Sep and now its going to be dec. what could be the reason? any idea pls? should I go personally and give them application again?

Thanks
CD

Virgosah Nov 29th 2004 2:29 pm

Hi

But in my case one month is already over, but address in e-client is still not changed.

I sent them a fax in Sep and now its going to be dec. what could be the reason? any idea pls? should I go personally and give them application again?

Thanks
CD

Perhaps write a letter and post it to them. Letters are probably less likely to be lost or misplaced.

Geet Nov 29th 2004 7:49 pm

Hi CanDreams

I personally went to the NY consulate and gave the copy of my renewed passport + my new mailing address. My e-client reflected the changes, the following Monday.
Hope this helps.

Geet.

whyme Nov 29th 2004 9:32 pm

I sent a fax as well as a letter to them via post to inform them. There was no change in the status when i faxed but once the letter reached them, it showed up changed. So might try to send a letter and on the envelope, I put the words change of address in the bottom left corner on the front so that they would open it and i marked it with a green highlighter.

Hi,

Thanks
CD