Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional info and RPR fee requested

Additional info and RPR fee requested

Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Helen_Johns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional info and RPR fee requested

I'm sure that this has been answered before somewhere, but I'm not sure where so I'm hoping someone can help us out.

We originally applied as conjugal partners since August 2009, however we today received an email saying that it will be too difficult for us to prove conjugal partnership, but they will consider us as common law cohabitees since March 2010:

"We note that you indicate that you and your sponsor have co-habited since March 2010. We would therefore be prepared to consider your application for permanent residence in Canada under the common-law partner category."

They have requested additional proof and asked that we pay the right of permanent residence fee. I was under the impression that we only had to pay the fee once the application had been approved. Am I wrong? Or does this mean that they intend to grant my partner PR?

Many, many thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Mickey690 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional info and RPR fee requested

As I understand it they can still reject your application after you have submitted RPRF although i think it's quite rare. They just refund the amount I think.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:53 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

They have recognized your situation and then asked for RPRF. That can only be good.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Helen_Johns is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so! Thank you both very much for your input. Fingers crossed!!!