Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Family Information Form...

Additional Family Information Form...

Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:54 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Additional Family Information Form...

Good evening all,

I'm reading The Guide, page 31 regarding this form IMM5406 and after the question "Who needs to fill out this application form?" it clearly bullet points;
This form must be completed by;
* You, as the principal applicant,
*Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you or not....)
* Dependants......

So, do we fill one form in each, or use one form for both of us? (No kids)

It's the pre-filled boxes of APPLICANT & SPOUSE or COMMON LAW PARTNER which are confusing, as there's no special instructions at the top of the form stating that we must fill one in each... however just filling in one form for both of us, means the pre-filled boxes of MOTHER & FATHER would only apply to one....a tad confusing!

I did do a forum search for this question but have still been left feeling a little unsure

Maybe the 5th G+T isn't helping either, i'll probably laugh my socks off when I look back at these forms in the morning!

Any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:49 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Family Information Form...

You each fill out one with each one using it as the "Principal Applicant".
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:09 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Good evening all,

I'm reading The Guide, page 31 regarding this form IMM5406 and after the question "Who needs to fill out this application form?" it clearly bullet points;
* Dependants......

It's the pre-filled boxes of APPLICANT & SPOUSE or COMMON LAW PARTNER which are confusing, as there's no special instructions at the top of the form stating that we must fill one in each... however just filling in one form for both of us, means the pre-filled boxes of MOTHER & FATHER would only apply to one....a tad confusing!

I did do a forum search for this question but have still been left feeling a little unsure

Maybe the 5th G+T isn't helping either, i'll probably laugh my socks off when I look back at these forms in the morning!

Yes that one confuses a lot of people. If you are a couple you should end up with 2 copies of this form. In one form Person A would be the "applicant" and Person B would be the Spouse. And in the other copy Person B would be theapplicant and Person A would be the Spouse. Ignore the fact that one of you is the "Principal Applicant" for this form.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:15 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Thanks Paul & PMM, really appreciate your swift responses
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

kbs003 is an unknown quantity at this point

you fill out one as principal applicant,, and spouse/common law partner will fill out another as well,, and he/she has put his/her parent detail on the row below and ,, on top of the sheet u can mention principal applicant/additional applicant .. i used pencil to mention that on top of the apps form to avoid any confusion.

good luck
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Good evening all,

* Dependants......

Linsy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

I agree, this is a confusing form. We both completed one, as instructed but I couldn't see any rhyme nor reason for my wife to suddenly become the principal applicant, so we simply stated that I was the principal applicant and my wife, obviously my spouse. In any case, they ended up with the information they needed...I hope!!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

trumptons will become famous soon enough

I agree, this is a confusing form. We both completed one, as instructed but I couldn't see any rhyme nor reason for my wife to suddenly become the principal applicant, so we simply stated that I was the principal applicant and my wife, obviously my spouse. In any case, they ended up with the information they needed...I hope!!
This is the damned form which tripped us up! We failed to submit it entirely for me! I am DELIGHTED to read that you completed it as we did. My saving grace today has been I have a copy of my friend's application (she gained PR a year ago) and her's is done in this manner.

Out of interest, how would you know to complete as suggested in above responses. As far as I can see this instructions do not suggest this. Surely you cannot just dispense/interchange who the principal applicant is for one form....or can you?

Hopefully they will accept what we have produced....one day closer to 120day email.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trumptons
This is the damned form which tripped us up! We failed to submit it entirely for me! I am DELIGHTED to read that you completed it as we did. My saving grace today has been I have a copy of my friend's application (she gained PR a year ago) and her's is done in this manner.

Out of interest, how would you know to complete as suggested in above responses. As far as I can see this instructions do not suggest this. Surely you cannot just dispense/interchange who the principal applicant is for one form....or can you?

Hopefully they will accept what we have produced....one day closer to 120day email.
Precisely, the instructions do not suggest that, my wife, for example, should suddenly refer to herself as the principal applicant. They do not say..."oh, by the way, for this form, your spouse is now the principal applicant, even though you've regarded yourself as that". If the CIC meant something else, then they really should express it with more clarity. My understanding is that the forms are part of a complete application, in the name of one person, the principal applicant. I stand by that but if CIC think otherwise, then perhaps they should let me and the rest of us know.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:36 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Who needs to fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

* Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
* Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)

Not the clearest and it has been this way for many years. In essence everyone 18 or over fills one out.