Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional family info, Photos, Negative

Wikiposts

Additional family info, Photos, Negative

Old Sep 7th 2002, 4:32 am
John Doe

Default Additional family info, Photos, Negative

Hello,

I am sponspering my spouse through the family class immigration process and have a
couple of questions. The application will be submitted to Buffalo as my spouse is
currently in the US.

Question 1. Do I have to fill the additional family information form (IMM 5406)? I
know my spouse has to fill this form, but do I also have to fill it as the sponsor?

Question 2. There were several postings on photgraphs + negative posted in the
site. Can somebody who has submitted an application recently share their
experiences? Did they submit negatives with the photographs. Also, I understand
that polarid photos cannot be used, can you confirm?

I have shown the link below which details the photgraph issue....

http://cicnet.ci.gc.-
ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

Anndeix A, item 11 and Appendix C.

Thanks in advance,

John

Old Sep 7th 2002, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

herc2ules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional family info, Photos, Negative

You do not have to submit form IMM5406 - this needs to be completed by the sponsored person only.

Personally (as a sponsored person) - I found this form a little confusing and the guide not too helpful.

As for the photographs, I submitted my application in July. My sponsor received AOR 2 weeks ago. I myself received my AOR yesterday (This means our application was complete).
I did not send any negatives - for the actual photo, I went to an ordinary photo store who took my pic with a digital camera and then gave me 8 pictures to the size spec.

As for polaroid photo's - I do not remember seeing anything in the form/guides saying they could not be used(?) - As long as your pictures meet the specifications set out in the guide you should be okay.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 8th 2002, 10:38 am
John Doe

Thanks for the info. I took the specs to several photo shops in Canada and they also
said that they have not been notified by Immigration Canada about changes. Couple of
guys actually said the statement in the Appendix C is contradictory. i.e. if you
obtain pictures from a split image or multi-lens camera, there is no way you can
provide negatives. I am going to call CIC for a clarification this week.

Regards,

John.

herc2ules <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > You do not have to submit form IMM5406 - this needs to be completed by the
    > sponsored person only.
    > Personally (as a sponsored person) - I found this form a little confusing and the
    > guide not too helpful.
    > As for the photographs, I submitted my application in July. My sponsor received
    > AOR 2 weeks ago. I myself received my AOR yesterday (This means our application
    > was complete). I did not send any negatives - for the actual photo, I went to an
    > ordinary photo store who took my pic with a digital camera and then gave me 8
    > pictures to the size spec.
    > As for polaroid photo's - I do not remember seeing anything in the form/guides
    > saying they could not be used(?) - As long as your pictures meet the specifications
    > set out in the guide you should be okay. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:57 am
Maxim Pouska

Hallo

I asked in Berlin the answer: no negativ, please

bonne chance

maxim

Old Sep 9th 2002, 10:02 am
Andrew Miller

You do not submit a negative - but you are advised to keep it safe (or let it be kept
by photo studio) in case more prints of the same are required (sometimes for medicals
for example).

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"John Doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > Thanks for the info. I took the specs to several photo shops in Canada and they
    > also said that they have not been notified by Immigration Canada about changes.
    > Couple of guys actually said the statement in the Appendix C is contradictory. i.e.
    > if you obtain pictures from a split image or multi-lens camera, there is no way you
    > can provide negatives. I am going to call CIC for a clarification this week.
    > Regards,
    > John.
    > herc2ules <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You do not have to submit form IMM5406 - this needs to be completed by the
    > > sponsored person only.
    > >
    > > Personally (as a sponsored person) - I found this form a little confusing and the
    > > guide not too helpful.
    > >
    > > As for the photographs, I submitted my application in July. My sponsor received
    > > AOR 2 weeks ago. I myself received my AOR yesterday (This means our application
    > > was complete). I did not send any negatives - for the actual photo, I went to an
    > > ordinary photo store who took my pic with a digital camera and then gave me 8
    > > pictures to the size spec.
    > >
    > > As for polaroid photo's - I do not remember seeing anything in the form/guides
    > > saying they could not be used(?) - As long as your pictures meet the
    > > specifications set out in the guide you should be okay. Hope this helps.