Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Family Info - Parents and Siblings

Additional Family Info - Parents and Siblings

Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Additional Family Info - Parents and Siblings

I have read loads on the topic of additional family members but couldn't quite get the help I needed, although I understand the requirements a lot better.

I am applying for PR with a job offer. On the additional family information I assume I need to state I have a sister and my spouse his sister and 2 step brothers. Both our parents or siblings will not be coming to Canada to live with us at any point. Do I need to provide police checks for all siblings and parents and also do they need to undertake a medical?

Please help - I'm getting confused!!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Family Info - Parents and Siblings

Hi

Originally Posted by debs_2009
I have read loads on the topic of additional family members but couldn't quite get the help I needed, although I understand the requirements a lot better.

I am applying for PR with a job offer. On the additional family information I assume I need to state I have a sister and my spouse his sister and 2 step brothers. Both our parents or siblings will not be coming to Canada to live with us at any point. Do I need to provide police checks for all siblings and parents and also do they need to undertake a medical?

Please help - I'm getting confused!!

No, they are only listed on the IMM 5406, no medical, no police checks.

PMM
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

no meds and no police checks
be sure your husband completes his own form even if you are the applicant

huge luck
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road

Thanks - thats good to know. I was getting worried about the cost for a police certificate for everyone!!