Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Documents with no response, advice please

Additional Documents with no response, advice please

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional Documents with no response, advice please

Hi all,

We were requested to send additional Documents Oct 2013 for our PNP PR application which we immediately sent. November I emailed to make sure they had received them and they responded saying they have received the documents they will be added to file and we will be contacted if they need any further information.

It is now April , so it has been 6 months since the additional Documents have been sent. We had our medicals done in July 2013 so we are in the final stage and our application.

Is this the norm? Do I email again just making sure I haven't missed a letter?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Documents with no response, advice please

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Hi all,

We were requested to send additional Documents Oct 2013 for our PNP PR application which we immediately sent. November I emailed to make sure they had received them and they responded saying they have received the documents they will be added to file and we will be contacted if they need any further information.

It is now April , so it has been 6 months since the additional Documents have been sent. We had our medicals done in July 2013 so we are in the final stage and our application.

Is this the norm? Do I email again just making sure I haven't missed a letter?

Thanks in advance
When did you first apply? Present processing times for PNP is 29 months for London and 17 months for Ottawa. Was it the updated background information they requested?

You could send an email (using the email you received) and ask if there is any further documentation or information they need to complete the processing - it works for some.

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
When did you first apply? Present processing times for PNP is 29 months for London and 17 months for Ottawa. Was it the updated background information they requested?

You could send an email (using the email you received) and ask if there is any further documentation or information they need to complete the processing - it works for some.

Thanks for your reply! Our second application (it was sent back the first time due to overpayment!) was received April 2013 in Ottawa.

They requested for proof of medicals (not sure why as they are all on the system now) so we had to send receipts and police Certs which we had already sent but they were now expired due to the time lapse of the overpayment and applying again.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Thanks for your reply! Our second application (it was sent back the first time due to overpayment!) was received April 2013 in Ottawa.

They requested for proof of medicals (not sure why as they are all on the system now) so we had to send receipts and police Certs which we had already sent but they were now expired due to the time lapse of the overpayment and applying again.
You are required to send proof of undergoing the medical so if you didn't send that to them when you had the medical that may be why they asked for it now. As to the Police certificates, they have to be less than 3 months old at the time of submission - they don't 'expire' as such.

you hear something soon!