Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Adding new dependent to the application - Please Help

Adding new dependent to the application - Please Help

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

anandlav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding new dependent to the application - Please Help

Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife have received medical request last week. My wife is currenly pregnent and is due for a baby 3 weeks from now (Sept end 2010). We will go for the medicals after my wife delivers the baby, as we have 60 days to respond to medicals. I have following questions -

1) should we inform CIC immediately once the baby is born, and seek their advice on next steps? is this going to delay the PR process?
2) Should we sent the medicals only for both of us after say 4 weeks? and not mention about the new born at that time?
3) what is the procedure to be followed to add the new born to the application? Is it outlined somewhere in the CIC website? It will very helpful if someone points me to that URL.
4)should I inform CIC before the baby is born?
5) is there any email address for CIC, for any clarificaton.

Thanks you all for reading this and would appreciate an early response
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding new dependent to the application - Please Help

Congratulations (and welcome to BE)

To quote from an old post:

Originally Posted by PMM
When the child is born, you will be required to send an amended IMM008, pictures, amended IMM 5406 and the fee of $150 and the birth certificate and a copy of the passport.

So, yes, it will cause a delay, most of which will be in getting the passport.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

anandlav is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the repy, can you please let me know the procedure to add the new born to the application. So i also send the new born details along the medicals?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Same way you would update any info on the paperwork, I think if you are outside canada then you would contact whichever office is processing your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMa...s/missions.asp

From searching other posts in the immigration area it appears that the newborn will require a (cursory) medical, but no Xray.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 6:32 pm
mcm
Just Joined

mcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to all

Hi,

I had exactly the same situation (only with a longer six month delay). Heres what I did:

1) Informed the CIC using case specific query and attached a pdf copy of a letter informing them and asking if we should proceed with the medicals or postpone.
2) I had a call back from them and they walked me through the options (proceed with the application and sponsor the child, or postpone the process till the wee one was born ...or make a dash for it and have the kid in canada). We went for the postponement.
3) They advised us not to go ahead with the medicals, but to wait until the wee one was born.
4) Once born, we got birth certificate, passport and resent our family schedule froms with the dependant (+$150 processing fee).
5) We received our daughters medical invite a month and a half later and we all did our medicals together.
6) ......and now we wait....

Hope this helps a wee bit. Good luck with the birth, you must be so excited.