"Activities" question

Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default "Activities" question

As principal applicant, skilled worker (London) - I am worrying about remembering exact months when I was working as a locum radiographer in the mid 1980's. Over a two year period I often had a job for a month or so then may be off for a similar period. I would sometimes sign on unemployed, but not always, if I could cope financially between jobs.

Do you know if the CIC checks official unemployment records in their background checks?

I have only managed to get one official document from the local Health Board for a date in 1986, which I think I was fortunate to get since my experience has been that most places don't hold staff records from back then. I do also have two letters from colleagues who I worked with, and although they both give a reference, they also couldn't remember the exact dates we were referring to.

Since 1989 my records are all pretty straightforward and I have documentation, so will saying the two years before it are "rough dates" when I was either a locum radiographer, signing on, or between jobs, be ok?

I don't want to, nor do I mean to mislead anyone obviously, I am simply being honest in saying I can't be sure of months in that time period.

BTW, I have been in my current radiography job for 10 years, which will cover the 4 years needed for the skilled worker part of the application, but this earlier experience was when I had not long qualified, and we were more likely to take locum jobs to start with.

Thank you for any replies, or similar experiences.

Carol