activating visa question

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: activating visa question

I have a question for you clever people.

Im hoping to land in June and will have all the necessary docs with me but my 2 girls will be landing 6 months later, what will they need to have with them?
Also they will only be landing to activate the visa and not to live just to visit me then in a couple of months later they will be moving over for good. What will they need?
Plus when I give my proof of money do i need to include proof of house in the UK? or just the actual amount of money I am taking into Canada on that given day?

Many thanks for any replys :-)
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

When landing if you supply a Canadian address that is where the PR cards are sent to. If your daughters go back you just send them the PR cards if they are back in the UK.
If asked for proof of funds its normally split into physical amounts with you and funds that will be transferred. Thats why we dont get hung up on proof of funds as the funds might be tied into the sale of property.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold

thank you FL :-)
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
When landing if you supply a Canadian address that is where the PR cards are sent to. If your daughters go back you just send them the PR cards if they are back in the UK.
If asked for proof of funds its normally split into physical amounts with you and funds that will be transferred. Thats why we dont get hung up on proof of funds as the funds might be tied into the sale of property.

You should read the following, which applies to "landing" as well as applying. From OP 6

Settlement funds
The applicant must clearly demonstrate that they have sufficient and available funds to meet the requirements or that they have arranged employment as defined in R82.
The funds must be:
• available and transferable;
• unencumbered by debts or other obligations.
Visa officers must be satisfied that the applicant has at their disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and with the ability to transfer those assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support their establishment in Canada on arrival.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi PMM, does that still apply to my kids?
I mean if i have already landed and supplyed all the relavant info for all of us as a family, will the girls still have to show enough money to support themselves seperatly or will it be taken that I will be supporting them? FYI they are both coming in as dependents but as they are old enough they will be travelling seperatly.
Oh this gets so complicated :-(
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Bertie41
Hi PMM, does that still apply to my kids?
I mean if i have already landed and supplyed all the relavant info for all of us as a family, will the girls still have to show enough money to support themselves seperatly or will it be taken that I will be supporting them? FYI they are both coming in as dependents but as they are old enough they will be travelling seperatly.
Oh this gets so complicated :-(
Nope only the principal applicant has to show proof of funds on the initial "landing".
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

excellent thank you very much PMM :-)
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 8:19 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
wow a wealth of information thank you all, im bemused as to why i need goods to follow though if im going back to uk for now. how can i fill this form out if i dont know what im taking yet....also where do i get this form from..thanks guys you really are such a great help. x
Originally Posted by MillieF
Shazza, it seems to me, and I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong... that some people landing, need to give in their list of goods to follow, and some people are told to submit it when they 'properly' arrive, it really does seem to be the luck of the draw - maybe, perhaps? the length of time involved between the two dates? I wrote a list of absolutely everything I could think of that I might conceivably want to take - you can knock things off the list, but you can't add them on - however, the shippers who I am now using, tell me that I can use their inventory as my goods to follow list, so I shall do that. Very best of luck.
The rules state that you need to to supply a list of goods to follow when you arrive in Canada with the intention of setting up a permanent home. I.e. for at least 12 months. However, there is an inconsistent application of this rule with some customs officers wanting the GTF list when you land regardless of whether or not you intend to stay.

It is not something I would want to get into an argument over so I think the best approach is to prepare a list and ask the customs office whether or not you need to present it at this time.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:57 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JonboyE;9933883

It is not something I would want to get into an argument over so I think the best approach is to prepare a list and ask the customs office whether or not you need to present it at this time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Exactly! I was pleased that I had taken the requisite two copies with me - but even more pleased when they didn't want them and I could revise the list!

The last thing you want to do is enter the country in a spirit of aggravation, as it's bound to colour all of the rest of your life there. I think I had a copy of everything excluding my 25meter swimming certificate just in case they demanded it, and it gave me a feeling of confidence. That was important, as I've travelled a lot, but this was the first time (and hopefully the last) that I've emigrated.