Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Actions and Options at my stage????

Actions and Options at my stage????

Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default Actions and Options at my stage????

Hi all, and a Happy New Year to you !!!!

This is a bit of hotch-potch of a post but im hoping youll be able to help.

My AOR was June 06, so at a rough estimate i guess i've got 1.5 - 2 years left before i here anything, and like many others i feel my life is on-hold and that the dream is fading somewhat , so i need to take some positive action!!!!

So a few questions:

1. I'm off to Vancouver in April, and it seems like a good opportunity to meet potential employers. On the other hand, given that im potentially 2 years away is there any point? I personally think its worthwhile doing so, and am intending to issue CVs about 1 month before, and follow up with a call.

2. If by absolute fluke, i met an emplyer who considered me desirable and wanted to progress discussions, how quickly and via what route could i get myself out there? Im not very familiar with the TWP or LMO route

3. If i received an offer of support from an emplyer to assist me in getting an LMO, how quickly would it speed up my application?

If anyone else is in a similar position, i'd love to hear what youre doing.

Stu
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Actions and Options at my stage????

Arranged employement (a job waiting for you until you have your PR) does not need LMO just an approval of arranged employment from HRSDC. This thread discusses the timeline.

The LMO timeline thread would be another good read as it would answer your LMO question. Once your LMO has been approved you take that and your written job offer and get your TWP at POE.

Then let CHC know that you are in the country on a job and that would speed up your PR process.

And to increase your chances of getting a job, make sure your resume (not CV) is up to Canadian standard. Here is a very good article on that. Also, go through the resume check list and make sure your cover letter is Canadianized as well.

Good luck