Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ACRO accepted? Place your bets please...!

ACRO accepted? Place your bets please...!

Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:20 am
YAY! Here and Loving it!

EmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really nice
Default ACRO accepted? Place your bets please...!

I am planning on going to London to take our passports in on Thursday 1st May. ( for PR visas) .I have to accompany them with not only the Visa Request but an updated police form (due to timing issues). I have applied for both the SAR and the ACRO but am assuming the SAR won't have come through by 1st May.

So..... was wondering.... how many of you reckon they will accept my passports to get the visas with the ACRO?? I don't have anything to lose (in fact a day out in London to gain!! ) by giving it a go - just wonder if it will work?

Do you think its the luck of the draw - ie. could it depend largely on who is on "vetting duty" that day?!

Will be interesting to see if its acceptable because I am assuming that most people don't need to take a police check form in to the CHC with them (??) and therefore will have sent them off and have to wait for a response as to whether its ok or not, whereas I should know immediately since I'm assuming they wont won't accept our passports without it!

( Hmmm - rather a lot of assumptions there aren't there? Not a good thing I fear!!!)
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRO accepted? Place your bets please...!

I'll place my bet - yes they will. From the email someone posted on here, it now sounds like CHC know what they are I think you'll be the first potential PR to report back about acceptance or not, so do keep us updated And good luck
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:15 am
YAY! Here and Loving it!

EmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I'll place my bet - yes they will. From the email someone posted on here, it now sounds like CHC know what they are I think you'll be the first potential PR to report back about acceptance or not, so do keep us updated And good luck
OOOooh thanks! - am now trying desperately not to get toooooooooo excited by your reply!! Will of course keep the board posted - X fingers for me pleeeeeeeeeeease!! xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a bet, I haven't a clue!

Why not print out and take the email from here with you, in case of problems. Then you've got CIC's word that they accept them in case you get someone who doesn't know?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:52 am
YAY! Here and Loving it!

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
It's just a bet, I haven't a clue!

Why not print out and take the email from here with you, in case of problems. Then you've got CIC's word that they accept them in case you get someone who doesn't know?
Oh yes - I know that don't worry - I wasn't taking your "bet" as any kind of confirmation!! You can always see a glimmer of hope where you want to see one though can't you?!! LOL!

Where is the e-mail that I can print? YOU mean the one in the midddle of the long Police Check thread? How do I do that please? DO you mean take a screen shot of that page in the thread? ( great idea by the way - thanks! ).