ACPO and National ID Service

Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default ACPO and National ID Service

Good day all,

I will be happy if someone can helpme with the difference between the ACPO and the old National identification service/ subject access which gives one's information from the police national computer.

I am confused as to whether is the money for the government,

10 pounds to 35 or more ?

I had my NIS report as clean 2 months ago and am not sure if I will be asked to provide ACPO which is 35 pounds. help.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all
Default Re: ACPO and National ID Service

Hi, not sure if this answers your question but here goes. When hubby and I came out to Canada last year, we had a standard police check done (before we left the UK). These were only vaild for 3 months. Now that we are applying for pr, we've had to have the ACPO done for each of us at £35 a pop!!

We were told that a few countries use this scheme now - including Canada and that the 'old' checks would no longer be accepted after their 3 month validity.

If I understand correctly, the fee is to the police service (not the government) as they now only take 10 days to reply rather than weeks. It covers the cost of a dedicated system/supprt staff.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Nicola N-A; Jul 7th 2008 at 5:41 am. Reason: bad typing skills!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your input so basically is the same info?, you will be recieveing, just that the ACPO cames in say 10 days whereas the other one is like 40 days??

Maybe am dump but is there a difference in information you recieve or is just the time that has been pushed forward?? help.

thank you
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

the format is slightly different. It's a very official looking certificate now that has your digitally recorded photograph on it together with holographic sticker thingies to make it look the part.

Apart from the speedy response, the big plus is that it is valid for 12 months.

Last edited by Nicola N-A; Jul 7th 2008 at 12:07 pm. Reason: missing words out - muppet!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nicola, am off to get it done which means am getting the same no record on you, i just had my subject access on with the blue line on top and bottom but need it as well for the USA hence getting the ACPO one. thanks for your help and good luck
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi bflava, no worries - good luck to you and yours in sorting your way through the minefield!!!