Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Acknowledgement of application letter - Expedited request

Acknowledgement of application letter - Expedited request

Old Oct 27th 2021, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Rainmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledgement of application letter - Expedited request

Hi All,

Hope all are in good health.

I am hoping someone will be able to shed some light here. When submitting an expedited request application, is the process that an acknowledgement letter is sent to the applicant first while the expedited request is reviewed? Or, does receipt of an acknowledgement letter without any reference made to the request to expedite indicate that the request has been denied and application will follow the normal process?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 27th 2021, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acknowledgement of application letter - Expedited request

Assuming for citizenship, they first send a letter with language like "your request has been sent to responsible office" where it's reviewed. I don't think they send any further correspondence indicating that urgent processing has been approved/denied but if it is approved then you should see your application moving a long pretty quickly in the status portal.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

thank you ever so much for your response - I should have stated that it is in relation to citizenship as you correctly assumed, and the letter received is as you stated it would be, I was just wondering whether that letter means that they are reviewing the expedited request, or that it was reviewed and the decision was denied as the application would now proceed through the normal process - I will keep an eye on the portal as suggested, and thank you once again for your insight, very much appreciated.

Take care and all the very best to you.

A.
Old Nov 1st 2021, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bc2015
Assuming for citizenship, they first send a letter with language like "your request has been sent to responsible office" where it's reviewed. I don't think they send any further correspondence indicating that urgent processing has been approved/denied but if it is approved then you should see your application moving a long pretty quickly in the status portal.
One question if I may that I forgot to ask previously - how do I know if the application is moving a long pretty quickly? At the receipt of the AOR and after logging in, are Language Skills/Background Verification/Physical Presence/Prohibitions all meant to be listed as "Not Started" or "In Progress"?

Many thanks!