Accompanying (or not) applicants

Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:52 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 6
cahill3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accompanying (or not) applicants

We have been waiting for 4 years for our family class application pack, and now it has turned up. As everybody knows things can change over a 4 year period. My daughter who is on the original application for family class along with ourselves and our son. Since we started the process she has moved into a relationship with somebody and now has a 2 year old daughter. She is adamant that she will not be coming with us to Calgary. Do we still need to include her on our application? Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
cahill3 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:32 am
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Hi

Originally Posted by cahill3
We have been waiting for 4 years for our family class application pack, and now it has turned up. As everybody knows things can change over a 4 year period. My daughter who is on the original application for family class along with ourselves and our son. Since we started the process she has moved into a relationship with somebody and now has a 2 year old daughter. She is adamant that she will not be coming with us to Calgary. Do we still need to include her on our application? Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

No, you remove her from the application, stating that she is no longer a dependent as she is in a C/law relationship.
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:20 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 6
cahill3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Does this mean that she does not need the police certificate, photos, medicical etc? We just name her as our daughter?
cahill3 is offline  
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:23 pm
  #4  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Hi

Originally Posted by cahill3
Does this mean that she does not need the police certificate, photos, medicical etc? We just name her as our daughter?
RIght.
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2011, 6:11 am
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 183
mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

My friend who has lived and worked in Alberta for the last seven years on a temporary work permit, and has since married a Canadian National. Had to put his daughter down as a dependent as she was under 22 at the time he filled out his permanent residence application. She is now 23, and he still had to provide medicals and criminal background checks, for his application to go through, even though she isn't coming to live in Canada. They treat the application as it were when it was first processed.

I know that trying to find out more information from the High Commision is a nightmare, and you always end up at a dead end. If your daughter is under 22, you will probably still need to include her in your application. Or there may be difficulties in her being sponsored by you at a later date. I sure that I've read this on one of the forms.

Good luck.
mojovibe is offline  
Old May 1st 2011, 8:18 am
  #6  
 
Piff Poff's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 10,614
Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

My stepson under 22 also had to be on the application and also had to have medicals - ours was a fair time ago now though.
Piff Poff is offline  
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:39 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 6
cahill3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Thanks for replies everbody. Paperwork nearly all sorted now. Our daughter will be marked as not accompanying us. We have stilll filled her part of the paperwork out, including photos. She doesnt want to have the medical, because of the expense, so we will just have to wait for the next step to see if she has to have it. It looks to me that if she is on the application she will still be open to family class in the future if she wants to. Is that right?
cahill3 is offline  
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:51 am
  #8  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,217
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Originally Posted by mojovibe
My friend who has lived and worked in Alberta for the last seven years on a temporary work permit, and has since married a Canadian National. Had to put his daughter down as a dependent as she was under 22 at the time he filled out his permanent residence application. She is now 23, and he still had to provide medicals and criminal background checks, for his application to go through, even though she isn't coming to live in Canada. They treat the application as it were when it was first processed.
Not necessarily. Age is 'locked in' when you apply (so even if you apply a month before a child turns 22, and they're 26 by the time it's processed, they can still get PR), but dependency is not. The OP's situation is very different from your friends, as their daughter is no longer classed as a dependent, due to her common-law relationship.

Originally Posted by cahill3
Thanks for replies everbody. Paperwork nearly all sorted now. Our daughter will be marked as not accompanying us. We have stilll filled her part of the paperwork out, including photos. She doesnt want to have the medical, because of the expense, so we will just have to wait for the next step to see if she has to have it. It looks to me that if she is on the application she will still be open to family class in the future if she wants to. Is that right?
She is no longer a dependent child (meaning that you could not take her with you now even if you wanted to) so the medical definitely isn't necessary. And no, you could not sponsor her in the future unless Alberta start their Family Stream again under the PNP.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.