Accompanying (or not) applicants

Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

cahill3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accompanying (or not) applicants

We have been waiting for 4 years for our family class application pack, and now it has turned up. As everybody knows things can change over a 4 year period. My daughter who is on the original application for family class along with ourselves and our son. Since we started the process she has moved into a relationship with somebody and now has a 2 year old daughter. She is adamant that she will not be coming with us to Calgary. Do we still need to include her on our application? Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:32 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying (or not) applicants

Hi

Originally Posted by cahill3
We have been waiting for 4 years for our family class application pack, and now it has turned up. As everybody knows things can change over a 4 year period. My daughter who is on the original application for family class along with ourselves and our son. Since we started the process she has moved into a relationship with somebody and now has a 2 year old daughter. She is adamant that she will not be coming with us to Calgary. Do we still need to include her on our application? Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

No, you remove her from the application, stating that she is no longer a dependent as she is in a C/law relationship.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Does this mean that she does not need the police certificate, photos, medicical etc? We just name her as our daughter?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Does this mean that she does not need the police certificate, photos, medicical etc? We just name her as our daughter?
RIght.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 6:11 am
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend who has lived and worked in Alberta for the last seven years on a temporary work permit, and has since married a Canadian National. Had to put his daughter down as a dependent as she was under 22 at the time he filled out his permanent residence application. She is now 23, and he still had to provide medicals and criminal background checks, for his application to go through, even though she isn't coming to live in Canada. They treat the application as it were when it was first processed.

I know that trying to find out more information from the High Commision is a nightmare, and you always end up at a dead end. If your daughter is under 22, you will probably still need to include her in your application. Or there may be difficulties in her being sponsored by you at a later date. I sure that I've read this on one of the forms.

Good luck.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:18 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My stepson under 22 also had to be on the application and also had to have medicals - ours was a fair time ago now though.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replies everbody. Paperwork nearly all sorted now. Our daughter will be marked as not accompanying us. We have stilll filled her part of the paperwork out, including photos. She doesnt want to have the medical, because of the expense, so we will just have to wait for the next step to see if she has to have it. It looks to me that if she is on the application she will still be open to family class in the future if she wants to. Is that right?
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojovibe
My friend who has lived and worked in Alberta for the last seven years on a temporary work permit, and has since married a Canadian National. Had to put his daughter down as a dependent as she was under 22 at the time he filled out his permanent residence application. She is now 23, and he still had to provide medicals and criminal background checks, for his application to go through, even though she isn't coming to live in Canada. They treat the application as it were when it was first processed.
Not necessarily. Age is 'locked in' when you apply (so even if you apply a month before a child turns 22, and they're 26 by the time it's processed, they can still get PR), but dependency is not. The OP's situation is very different from your friends, as their daughter is no longer classed as a dependent, due to her common-law relationship.

Thanks for replies everbody. Paperwork nearly all sorted now. Our daughter will be marked as not accompanying us. We have stilll filled her part of the paperwork out, including photos. She doesnt want to have the medical, because of the expense, so we will just have to wait for the next step to see if she has to have it. It looks to me that if she is on the application she will still be open to family class in the future if she wants to. Is that right?
She is no longer a dependent child (meaning that you could not take her with you now even if you wanted to) so the medical definitely isn't necessary. And no, you could not sponsor her in the future unless Alberta start their Family Stream again under the PNP.