Accompanying an IEC participant

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Accompanying an IEC participant

Hi there, been a while since I've posted here, sat tight waiting for my PR to hopefully come through.

In the meantime other half had an IEC visa which we hadn't yet activated, put in for a 3rd? extension yesterday.

Turns out in speaking to someone in Canada today she's been inadvertently offered a job over there. Now I know in theory once she's landed and activated her IEC I could apply for reunification, go over as a visitor (my PR may get changed to inland), but also could potentially get an open work permit dependant on her getting a job in a skilled NOC.

Do they make allowances for spouse/common law partner to accompany an IEC candidate during Covid?? Or would we have to wait for her to activate her IEC first.

Any guidance appreciated as the whole thing has put us in a bit of a tailspin to say the least.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 4:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying an IEC participant

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Hi there, been a while since I've posted here, sat tight waiting for my PR to hopefully come through.

In the meantime other half had an IEC visa which we hadn't yet activated, put in for a 3rd? extension yesterday.

Turns out in speaking to someone in Canada today she's been inadvertently offered a job over there. Now I know in theory once she's landed and activated her IEC I could apply for reunification, go over as a visitor (my PR may get changed to inland), but also could potentially get an open work permit dependant on her getting a job in a skilled NOC.

Do they make allowances for spouse/common law partner to accompany an IEC candidate during Covid?? Or would we have to wait for her to activate her IEC first.

Any guidance appreciated as the whole thing has put us in a bit of a tailspin to say the least.
She won't have an IEC work permit until she validates her Letter of Introduction. She may not be allowed to travel at the present time unless she has a valid job offer - see the link in the quote below for details.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration....html#joboffer

IEC participants: Requirements for travel to Canada

Only IEC participants with a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction and a valid job offer are eligible to travel to Canada right now. You must also be able to start your job as soon as you complete your quarantine. Check the start date on your job offer before you travel.
You will need to make a formal application for written authorisation to travel once she is in Canada, I believe.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#temporary

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accompanying an IEC participant

Originally Posted by Siouxie
She won't have an IEC work permit until she validates her Letter of Introduction. She may not be allowed to travel at the present time unless she has a valid job offer - see the link in the quote below for details.

You will need to make a formal application for written authorisation to travel once she is in Canada, I believe.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#temporary
Thanks, yea she needs the job offer to be formal etc and supporting documentation before we can apply for her authority to travel.

Just wasn't sure if there was anyway for me to apply for authority to travel to accompany her or if I had to wait for her to be in the country (which is what online was suggesting) and go from there under reunification.

​​