ABPNP - Stay with employer

Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:41 am
Just Joined

RogertoAlberta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABPNP - Stay with employer

Hey,
Im new here, good to see there is a large base of knowledge here people are willing to share.

I was nominated for AB PNP a month ago, and currently have an application for Permanent Residence in process.

I have a concern as to whether before or after acquiring permanent resident status, am I obligated to remain working for the employer than sponsored me for PNP.
Will AB PNP check up on me to see if I am working for the employer that sponsored me under the conditions that I applied for PNP after I get Permanent Residence status. For example if I were to change jobs within the same company?

Thank You so much.
Roger.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: ABPNP - Stay with employer

No you don't have to stay with the same employer once PR is gained , I know someone who left his company the day he got his PR ! Think you have an obligation to stay in the province that nominated you for 2 years though.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:31 am
Just Joined

RogertoAlberta is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok Thanks, Im not intending on moving out of Alberta, I was just curious as to whether AB PNP check up on you after they have nominated you.

Thank You
Roger.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:26 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remember that once there are more applicants like you, who use employer and PNP for getting to Canada and as soon as they have PR they ditch the employer, then you'll see countermeasures in place. Government has always the right to verify if your application with particular employer was a genuine one - if government determines that you intentionally used employer and abused the system they will have the option to revoke PNP nomination and if it happens your PR will be gone too.

As I said - the more abuse happens the more countermeasures will be put in place. Employers who get tricked will also spread the news and other potential employers will be more careful and reluctant when sponsoring foreigner for PNP.

Remember - any action brings reaction. And if action is negative the reaction is negative too.

Treat others the same way you want be treated, stop using others and abusing the system. There may be dozens of other applicants who would gladly take the job and stay with employer for years.