About the Permanent Resident Card

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road
Question About the Permanent Resident Card

I will send my passport for Visa stamping tomorrow to Mexico city. I know they usually send your PR Card automatically once you give your address when you land. But I am already in Canada, so do I have to leave and re-enter Canada once I get my passport back or what?

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About the Permanent Resident Card

Yes, Mexico CHC will send the passport to you, but to "land" you need to leave and re-enter the country.
Even if you go to the US border and drive round the flag pole.
Until you do this, all that visa is, is a piece of paper in your passport.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Yes, Mexico CHC will send the passport to you, but to "land" you need to leave and re-enter the country.
Even if you go to the US border and drive round the flag pole.
Until you do this, all that visa is, is a piece of paper in your passport.
Apparently the 'round the flagpole' landing is not so easy anymore. You have to enter the US or get an 'admission refused' notice from the US, at least at some border posts, it's been reported.

Unless the original poster has a valid US tourist visa (Mexican citizen) he should investigate this in more detail and be prepared to fly back to Mexico and return to 'land'. I'm not sure if one really wants to go down the 'admission refused from US' route at the land border.

Jeremy
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
Apparently the 'round the flagpole' landing is not so easy anymore. You have to enter the US or get an 'admission refused' notice from the US, at least at some border posts, it's been reported.

Unless the original poster has a valid US tourist visa (Mexican citizen) he should investigate this in more detail and be prepared to fly back to Mexico and return to 'land'. I'm not sure if one really wants to go down the 'admission refused from US' route at the land border.

Jeremy
I have a tourist VISA and never had a problem entering the US. I am in Vancouver, BC so I live pretty close to the border. what if I just go down to the US for lunch and come back to "land"
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:29 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dextroyer
I have a tourist VISA and never had a problem entering the US. I am in Vancouver, BC so I live pretty close to the border. what if I just go down to the US for lunch and come back to "land"
This will work. You can actually skip the lunch and just have coffee if you want
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

Tulleys is best.