About Background/Sec Checks!

Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About Background/Sec Checks!

Dear Experts and fellow group members:

I don't want to repeat the whole story here, as I have posted many times about my case on this forum earlier. Pl let me come straight to the point. I recently obtained my CAIPS notes and went through the complete report and have few doubts with reagrd to background/sec checks.

I got my initial assessment in Dec 2003 with an interview waiver and request for medicals and RCMP checks and some other documents. I have submitted all the requested info within the timeframe as mentioned by the visa officer. But I received another letter asking me to provide updated work/residence history (which I had submitted by then already) on April 14, 2004.

As asked, I sent the requested documnets immediately. The CAIPS notes says that "Sent Sec stop requesting updated work/residence history" (dated Apr 14,2004) and also says that "received updated work/residence history for PI on April 30, 2004.

Now my question here is: Dose the sec stop letter means that CIC will not go ahead with the background/sec checks until the requested info is received at their office?

In earlier posts, I remember reading on this forum that, generally the background/sec checks are initiated soon after making a positive decision (here interview waiver and medical request, which was sent to me on Dec 5, 2003).

What I would like to know here is: when did the CIC would have possibly initiated the background/sec checks whether at the time of IA (i.e immediately after Dec 5, 2003) or after receiving the updated work/residence histroy (i.e after April 30, 2004)?

Responses from anyone to the above queries will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 1:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Background/Sec Checks!

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Dear Experts and fellow group members:

I don't want to repeat the whole story here, as I have posted many times about my case on this forum earlier. Pl let me come straight to the point. I recently obtained my CAIPS notes and went through the complete report and have few doubts with reagrd to background/sec checks.

I got my initial assessment in Dec 2003 with an interview waiver and request for medicals and RCMP checks and some other documents. I have submitted all the requested info within the timeframe as mentioned by the visa officer. But I received another letter asking me to provide updated work/residence history (which I had submitted by then already) on April 14, 2004.

As asked, I sent the requested documnets immediately. The CAIPS notes says that "Sent Sec stop requesting updated work/residence history" (dated Apr 14,2004) and also says that "received updated work/residence history for PI on April 30, 2004.

Now my question here is: Dose the sec stop letter means that CIC will not go ahead with the background/sec checks until the requested info is received at their office?

In earlier posts, I remember reading on this forum that, generally the background/sec checks are initiated soon after making a positive decision (here interview waiver and medical request, which was sent to me on Dec 5, 2003).

What I would like to know here is: when did the CIC would have possibly initiated the background/sec checks whether at the time of IA (i.e immediately after Dec 5, 2003) or after receiving the updated work/residence histroy (i.e after April 30, 2004)?

Responses from anyone to the above queries will be greatly appreciated.
The problem was solved when you sent in the update documents. The background check takes a long time and you have done your part. Not even a visa officer can control how long it may go on.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jim:

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I do agree with you that background checks take a long time and visa officer in no way has any say on that matter as it is handled by an outside agency at the request of CIC.

The purpose of my query was just to note as to how much time has already passed after initiation of the background checks. For example: if the background checks were initiated after the IA (Dec 5, 2003), then the total time taken so far is about more than 16 months.

On the other hand, if the background checks were initited after receiving the updated information (i.e. April 30, 2004), then the time spent on background checks so far is only about 11 months.

In fact, that was the reason why i was stressing on initiation of such checks by CIC through the appropriate agencies.

what I observed from the Yog799 website (assuming that the info is genuine) that in case of concluded cases the logest time that I could observe from IA to PP request is about 15 months for citizens from countries like India, China, Pakistan and some other Middleeast countries.

What I wanted to analyse here is simply to count my time for the background checks to conclude?

Finally, if I count from the date of IA then I already passed the longest waiting time (at least for Buffalo office). If I consider the later date, then I have 4 more months still to go before I could expect any PP request.

Would appreciate if anyone comments on my logic!

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The problem was solved when you sent in the update documents. The background check takes a long time and you have done your part. Not even a visa officer can control how long it may go on.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:13 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Jim:

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I do agree with you that background checks take a long time and visa officer in no way has any say on that matter as it is handled by an outside agency at the request of CIC.

The purpose of my query was just to note as to how much time has already passed after initiation of the background checks. For example: if the background checks were initiated after the IA (Dec 5, 2003), then the total time taken so far is about more than 16 months.

On the other hand, if the background checks were initited after receiving the updated information (i.e. April 30, 2004), then the time spent on background checks so far is only about 11 months.

In fact, that was the reason why i was stressing on initiation of such checks by CIC through the appropriate agencies.

what I observed from the Yog799 website (assuming that the info is genuine) that in case of concluded cases the logest time that I could observe from IA to PP request is about 15 months for citizens from countries like India, China, Pakistan and some other Middleeast countries.

What I wanted to analyse here is simply to count my time for the background checks to conclude?

Finally, if I count from the date of IA then I already passed the longest waiting time (at least for Buffalo office). If I consider the later date, then I have 4 more months still to go before I could expect any PP request.

Would appreciate if anyone comments on my logic!
If I understood you correctly, your medical examinations expired in December. Are you awaiting new instructions as it seems likely you would have to redo them in that case.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jim,

Thanks once again for your reply. Yes, your guess is right with regard to my medicals. Medicals were expired on Dec 30, 2004. Though it is more than 3 months since the expiration of medicals, I have not received any notice from CIC to redo the medicals. I have seen some cases on this forum that the medicals extended for a period ranging from 3 to 6 months facilitating them not to undergo the medical exams once again.

I am also expecting similar extension for me as well. Anyway, I do not know for sure whether I got the medical extension, but my CAIPS notes does not say anything about remedicals.

However, under medical info it reads like "Intends to proceed within medical validity? Y/N: Y."

Could you pl let me know what can be inferred from the above statement?

Once again thanks for your time in responding to my queries.

Regards

D REDDY

If I understood you correctly, your medical examinations expired in December. Are you awaiting new instructions as it seems likely you would have to redo them in that case.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Andrew and PMM,

Could you please comment on this!

Thanks and Regards

Reddy
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:27 am

Jim,

Thanks once again for your reply. Yes, your guess is right with regard to my medicals. Medicals were expired on Dec 30, 2004. Though it is more than 3 months since the expiration of medicals, I have not received any notice from CIC to redo the medicals. I have seen some cases on this forum that the medicals extended for a period ranging from 3 to 6 months facilitating them not to undergo the medical exams once again.

I am also expecting similar extension for me as well. Anyway, I do not know for sure whether I got the medical extension, but my CAIPS notes does not say anything about remedicals.

However, under medical info it reads like "Intends to proceed within medical validity? Y/N: Y."

Could you pl let me know what can be inferred from the above statement?

Once again thanks for your time in responding to my queries.

Regards

D REDDY
That is just a standard question that means nothing to you really. As you live in India there is no chance of extension so new medical examinations are needed. Write to the now to see if there is some problem or you have just got lost in the shuffle!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jim,

Thaks for your response. No, you got me wrong. I live in Canada (In fact, have been living in Canada since sep 2001). FYI, I am currently staying in Canada on postgraduate work permit which is valid until Nov 21, 2005. I would appreciate if you could let me know whether I could expect the medical extension in the present scenario.

Reddy

That is just a standard question that means nothing to you really. As you live in India there is no chance of extension so new medical examinations are needed. Write to the now to see if there is some problem or you have just got lost in the shuffle!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:35 am

Hi Jim,

Thaks for your response. No, you got me wrong. I live in Canada (In fact, have been living in Canada since sep 2001). FYI, I am currently staying in Canada on postgraduate work permit which is valid until Nov 21, 2005. I would appreciate if you could let me know whether I could expect the medical extension in the present scenario.

Reddy
It is possible but there is a limit to how long it can be extended. I think 6 months but am open to correction if anyone knows of a longer extension period.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for your reply. It looks like that CIC extended my medicals for at least 6 months (until the end of June) if not more. Pl note that it is only my guess as I did not receive any notice to do remedicals even after 3 months from the medical expiration. Furthermore, my recent caips notes also does not say baout remedicals.

One more thing is that my wife and son had applied recently for visitor visa at CHC, New delhi and they were advised to udergo medicals, which they completed on Mar 18, 2005.

Here my question is: if they come to canada (my wife was here until dec 5, 2004) on visitor visa, will their medicals (Iimmigration) will also be get extended by six months?

Sorry for putting so many questions on the same subject.

Reddy

It is possible but there is a limit to how long it can be extended. I think 6 months but am open to correction if anyone knows of a longer extension period.

Last edited by reddy_cd; Apr 6th 2005 at 4:28 am.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

jonno54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: About Background/Sec Checks!

these background checks are amazing, i had to be security cleared to the highest in my job with the RAF, i held one of the highest security clearances, my husband also was military and then worked for the MOD and had to be re screened for security,you would think obtaining security clearance from uk would be easy.
My dad on the other hand held security clearance that would flag anyone running his name and we grew up with diplomatic id cards when we lived in Berlin because of my dad,s job. will this slow everything down or speed it up that we had no choice but to be so sweeky clean.

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:09 am

Angry Re: About Background/Sec Checks!

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for your reply. It looks like that CIC extended my medicals for at least 6 months (until the end of June) if not more. Pl note that it is only my guess as I did not receive any notice to do remedicals even after 3 months from the medical expiration. Furthermore, my recent caips notes also does not say baout remedicals.

One more thing is that my wife and son had applied recently for visitor visa at CHC, New delhi and they were advised to udergo medicals, which they completed on Mar 18, 2005.

Here my question is: if they come to canada (my wife was here until dec 5, 2004) on visitor visa, will their medicals (Iimmigration) will also be get extended by six months?

Sorry for putting so many questions on the same subject.

Reddy
I will have to throw some cold water on your hopes here because if your wife and son are in India there is no chance that your family's medicals will be extended. Unfortunately you will all have to redio them. Rats!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jim,

As i said my family is all set to come here on May 3, 2005. Pl note that they had already undergone the necessary medicals as part of their visitor visa.

Anyway, I would notify the Buffalo office about their arrival as soon as they come here in early next month.

My queation now is: Do you think that CIC will ask all of us to redo medicals once they arrive here?

Thanks a lot for your patience in answering my endless queries.

Reddy

I will have to throw some cold water on your hopes here because if your wife and son are in India there is no chance that your family's medicals will be extended. Unfortunately you will all have to redio them. Rats!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:50 am

Jim,

As i said my family is all set to come here on May 3, 2005. Pl note that they had already undergone the necessary medicals as part of their visitor visa.

Anyway, I would notify the Buffalo office about their arrival as soon as they come here in early next month.

My queation now is: Do you think that CIC will ask all of us to redo medicals once they arrive here?

Thanks a lot for your patience in answering my endless queries.

Reddy

I am afraid so.