About to apply for PR from IEC

Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

RReynolds87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About to apply for PR from IEC

Hi all,

Hopefully you can help me out or pass me some advice.

I recently started my second IEC and am now looking to apply for Permanent residency within the month. I have completed the required 12 months work experience within Canada working as an Online Marketing Manager, and I will continue to do so for the next 12 months and maybe longer.

The question I have is:

If I apply for Permanent residency will this affect my current IEC visa and hence my work permit (that expires 02/03/2015)? and is this roughly enough time for my application to be processed?

Kind regards,

Ryan
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to apply for PR from IEC

Originally Posted by RReynolds87
Hi all,

Hopefully you can help me out or pass me some advice.

I recently started my second IEC and am now looking to apply for Permanent residency within the month. I have completed the required 12 months work experience within Canada working as an Online Marketing Manager, and I will continue to do so for the next 12 months and maybe longer.

The question I have is:

If I apply for Permanent residency will this affect my current IEC visa and hence my work permit (that expires 02/03/2015)? and is this roughly enough time for my application to be processed?

Kind regards,

Ryan
Hello and welcome to BE!

No, applying for PR will not affect your current IEC work permit. If you receive approval in principal of your CEC application, once you have less than 4 months left on your IEC work permit you can apply for a bridging open work permit.

Current processing times for CEC is 13 months, so the sooner you can apply the better - and if you haven't got PR by December I would suggest you apply for the bridging open work permit in December to tide you over. The PR system is changing in January, so better to get everything sorted out before that date to be on the safe side.

Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

RReynolds87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, much appreciated.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 5:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReynolds87
Thank you, much appreciated.
You are very welcome

I just found a spreadsheet from February CEC applicants, AOR is taking (presently) around 28 days.

Old Mar 10th 2014, 2:24 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

No, applying for PR will not affect your current IEC work permit. If you receive approval in principal of your CEC application, once you have less than 4 months left on your IEC work permit you can apply for a bridging open work permit.

Current processing times for CEC is 13 months, so the sooner you can apply the better - and if you haven't got PR by December I would suggest you apply for the bridging open work permit in December to tide you over. The PR system is changing in January, so better to get everything sorted out before that date to be on the safe side.

Silly question but I didn't realise you could apply for a bridging open work permit, I take it this would also apply to spousal/common law sponsorship for PR?
Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Silly question but I didn't realise you could apply for a bridging open work permit, I take it this would also apply to spousal/common law sponsorship for PR?
No, BOWP only applies to Economic classes.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:57 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

ta
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

Where can I read about the changes to PR that are happening in January??
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the blairs
Where can I read about the changes to PR that are happening in January??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...013-10-28b.asp

HTH.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

My son is on his second IEC visa, and received his PR docs in the post yesterday, 10 months after posting the application.

Poppit