Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ability to obtain medical to work in healthcare after landing on TWP

Ability to obtain medical to work in healthcare after landing on TWP

Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:32 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ability to obtain medical to work in healthcare after landing on TWP

My girlfriend and I got here yesterday and were admitted on WHV's without any trouble but she didn't get a medical at the time of application because there was no process for this advised by the Tokyo embassy. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a medical here after landing and then go to a CIC office inland and have your visa 'upgraded'. It's not the end of the world if she can't but since her degree is in occupational therapy it could obviously be useful for her. The officer who processed us at the border only asked what sort of work I would be doing and didn't seem too interested in her.

Also, is it just us or does the female announcement voice on the Toronto subway sound slightly suicidal?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ability to obtain medical to work in healthcare after landing on TWP

Can be done, I changed to a student visa first then TWP in Canada, sent off my application for student visa due to some courses I had to do and waited for forms to come as I knew I would need a medical as I am a RN. Then arranged to get medical done from list listed on CIC and then a few weeks later visa arrived. When I changed to TWP I just sent in required paperwork and TWP sent back again a few weeks later. The forms have to come from immigration it isn't a case of just getting medical done.