Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

90 update question - PR skilled worker

90 update question - PR skilled worker

Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 update question - PR skilled worker

Hey folks,

I received my 90 update letter recently and I'm in the process of completing the appropriate forms. This is probably a dumb question but on the 'IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence' it states the following....

"you must provide the following details about each of you family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citzeans of Canada"

Do I have to include my parents and siblings on this form as well as the above????
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Matthew Sell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 90 update question - PR skilled worker

Originally Posted by starlight
Hey folks,

I received my 90 update letter recently and I'm in the process of completing the appropriate forms. This is probably a dumb question but on the 'IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence' it states the following....

"you must provide the following details about each of you family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citzeans of Canada"

Do I have to include my parents and siblings on this form as well as the above????
Hello,

The short answer to your question is no, you do not include parents and siblings as family members. For Canadian immigration purposes 'family members' relating to the principal applicant are defined as spouse, common law, conjugal, and offspring.

You will need to provide information about other family members on the 'additional family member' information form.

Happy form filling
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 90 update question - PR skilled worker

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for the clarification!