90 day Letters

Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Rich-Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 day Letters

There dosen't seem to have been any 90 day letters sent out by London for a couple of months now. As anyone received one recently?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:56 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

IRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 90 day Letters

Hi Rich-Jo

I started a post about 3-4 weeks ago saying the same thing. It's all very quiet at the moment, and with the postal strike it's likely to stay that way for at least another week

When did you receive your AOR? Or should I say when was it dated?

Cheers

IRM
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Rich-Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

We submitted early Feb and our our AOR is dated 24th Feb 06
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi

We got our 90 day letter on July 5th 2007, applied September 2005.

I think things are happening, but the vacation period must have
slowed it down a bit.

Cheers

Bob
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

KINGE is an unknown quantity at this point

We also submitted our application for SW at the start of 2006 received our AOR in Feb 06, heard noting since. I know each case is unique but working along the idea and time lines of member RGPickles am I right in guessing the Feb AOR`s should be receiving their 90 day letters in a couple of mths? (anyone have any ideas?)

Time is ticking and we have decided to use the non student work visas from BUNAC to visit and hunt for a job. The wife should be going out in Dec / Jan and I will follow mid 2008. Anyone have any views on this idea, we thought it would give us the opportunity to search for work and gain sponsorship. This way it may increase the speed or our SW application.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=KINGE;5392836]We also submitted our application for SW at the start of 2006 received our AOR in Feb 06, heard noting since. I know each case is unique but working along the idea and time lines of member RGPickles am I right in guessing the Feb AOR`s should be receiving their 90 day letters in a couple of mths? (anyone have any ideas?)

Time is ticking and we have decided to use the non student work visas from BUNAC to visit and hunt for a job. The wife should be going out in Dec / Jan and I will follow mid 2008. Anyone have any views on this idea, we thought it would give us the opportunity to search for work and gain sponsorship. This way it may increase the speed or our SW application.[/QUOTE/]

Based on the rate they have been sending out 90 day letters I really can't see them sending out 90 day letters for Feb 06 AOR until at least next summer. The latest 90 day letter I have seen is the person on this thread (Sept 05 AOR). I think its mostly Aug AOR people who received 90 day requests in June/July of this year so they are not moving a month every month. HTH

Last edited by rgilbert; Oct 6th 2007 at 4:29 am. Reason: not quoted correctly
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:47 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

IRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the rough

Hi rgilbert

I know of at least 2 Aug AORs who still haven't received their 90 day letter (One of them is me) so I have no idea who is likely to receive theirs next?

Problem is I don't know if one was sent and lost or not sent at all??

And I can't even contact the CHC to ask them

Cheers

IRM
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IRM
Hi rgilbert

I know of at least 2 Aug AORs who still haven't received their 90 day letter (One of them is me) so I have no idea who is likely to receive theirs next?

Problem is I don't know if one was sent and lost or not sent at all??

And I can't even contact the CHC to ask them

Cheers

IRM
That must be really frustrating seeing other people receiving their 90 day letters. Have you thought about updating your app anyway?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:54 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

I have got most of it up together but I need to tell my employer that I'm emigrating.

Although I've been at the same company now for 3.5 years, when I applied I had over 4 years experience from previous employment so didn't ask them for a reference.

Since then they have paid for me to take a part time MSc, which I am planning to finish next May. I'm not keen on telling them my plans until I have concrete evidence (in the form of the 90 day letter) from the CHC because they could "pull" my funding or make life difficult.

They could do anyway but I'd feel more assured if I have a letter as opposed to sending an update speculatively

IRM
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

HI IRM

That's tricky not telling your current employer, what about the reference for the application? I told mine in September 2005 when I received AOR. They were annoyed, but they have seen, as I said that it takes years...
The company got bought out by GE, so had two get a new reference as the name changed

How long is the MSC course? I guess you need this for a job in IT then?

I am in a tricky situation as I am involved in military embedded software, but will need security clearance for most jobs! Will need to find an understanding employer in Canada!!!

Bob
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:28 pm
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

Hi Bob

At the time of application I had only been with the company for approx 1 year. As I had enough experience from my previous jobs I decided to send a letter with my application stating "For the good of my career I don't think it is appropriate to ask my current employer for a reference at this time, particularly as the whole process is likely to take up to 3 years".

If I remember correctly, in the guidance specific to London, you were able to do this.

The MSc is 3 years so I've finished the taught course part and am planning my dissertation. The company have offered my some "extra" leave as I'm studying; I'm sure this may be revoked when I finally tell them

RE:SC - it sounds as if we may work in a similar arena. Most of my work is for the military as well
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRM
Hi Bob

At the time of application I had only been with the company for approx 1 year. As I had enough experience from my previous jobs I decided to send a letter with my application stating "For the good of my career I don't think it is appropriate to ask my current employer for a reference at this time, particularly as the whole process is likely to take up to 3 years".

If I remember correctly, in the guidance specific to London, you were able to do this.

The MSc is 3 years so I've finished the taught course part and am planning my dissertation. The company have offered my some "extra" leave as I'm studying; I'm sure this may be revoked when I finally tell them

RE:SC - it sounds as if we may work in a similar arena. Most of my work is for the military as well
There have been discussions on this forum before about how to get the reference letter from your employer without them knowing what you are doing. The letter is not the same as the type of reference you would have when applying for a job. its more of a factual letter. If you do a search you may find threads discussing the issue and the different way people have got around this issue. I seem to recall one excuse used was for insurance purposes.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

HI IRM

I thought that you meant Microsoft Certified course, but you mean university Msc!

Yep, embedded software, C, C++ and ADA, vxWorks, Lynx, Linux but also a bit of sales and field apps thrown in... I'll you know how I get on in the coming months.

Cheers

Bob
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Folks,

I received a 90 day letter dated 6th March 2007, submitted all info by first week of May and have heard nothing since.

SW application June 2005. AOR July 2005. 30 Months.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:09 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

Cheers all

I think I'm going to wait until the next batch of 90 day letters appear before I become too proactive.

If I don't get mine then I think I'll bite the bullet and send my updated info off anyway.

Best of luck to all those waiting

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.