Wikiposts

90 Day Letter Watching!

Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Letter Watching!

ok i've emailed htem.

Here's hoping!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:53 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Smile Re: 90 Day Letter Watching!

Hi

I've not been on this forum since Nov 06. While we were deciding and preparing our application I spent hours on this forum, but with a 36 month wait I decided for my own sanity to just get on with my life in the UK.

However as our 36 months is up this year I was drawn back to the forum. To my surprise I see people with similar AORs to ours (Aug 05) received '90 day letters' some 6 months ago. Can someone tell me what they said? Was it just for info or would we have been asked to do anything?

In my panic I did log on to the CIC to check our application status, and its now there as 'In Progress', last time I checked I couldn't see your application at all. Does anyone know what 'in process' really means?

Many thanks for any advice, I feel like a newbie again!

Helen
xxx

Last edited by IckleHelen; Jan 29th 2008 at 8:55 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Helen,

The 90 day letter is the update letter the CHC send out (in my case about 7 months) before the application moves on to the next stage which is the medicals. From past threads it would seem that the clock starts ticking agin from the point at which you return info to the CHC rather than the date when they send out the letter.

If I were you I would visit the chc site and e-mail them asking for an update on the status of your file.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:44 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Helen,

The 90 day letter is the update letter the CHC send out (in my case about 7 months) before the application moves on to the next stage which is the medicals. From past threads it would seem that the clock starts ticking agin from the point at which you return info to the CHC rather than the date when they send out the letter.

If I were you I would visit the chc site and e-mail them asking for an update on the status of your file.
Thanks. After my panic I did decide to email them. Hopefully they'll get back to me in a couple of days, and I haven't disadvantaged my application timescales too much.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Thanks. After my panic I did decide to email them. Hopefully they'll get back to me in a couple of days, and I haven't disadvantaged my application timescales too much.
Hi

I would suggest that you start collecting documents like PCC and referance letters from employers you have worked since the time of application.

It is likely that they had sent the letter and it got misplaced somewhere enroute. updating at the earliest is something you should consider doing.

if you search the forum, you would find contents of the letter. there are some forms you have to fill up

hope you do get a reply soon from chc

regs
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Rontel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hi

I would suggest that you start collecting documents like PCC and referance letters from employers you have worked since the time of application.

As I haven't changed jobs since my (full) application in Dec '05, would I need to send another reference from my employers to prove I'm still there? I know the CHC don't like duplicate documents.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

xxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rontel
As I haven't changed jobs since my (full) application in Dec '05, would I need to send another reference from my employers to prove I'm still there? I know the CHC don't like duplicate documents.
I wouldn't do. Surely payslips are enough to prove you're still working there.

Up to you though
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Rontel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. How many months worth of payslips is sufficient do you think?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rontel
Thanks. How many months worth of payslips is sufficient do you think?
3 recent payslips with bank statements showing the money go into your account.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Hi
We applied in Oct 05 and received our 90 letter this week

Yippee
hello everyone,

Just to add to the list, and to show that things ARE moving... we got our 90-day letter in Dec 07, (AOR Sept 05).

However, I am only this week managing to get the documentation together to send... it is never as simple as it looks though is it?

I have a change in that I have had a new job since June 07 (although in the same skilled field). I can NOT ask my new boss for a reference... I shall have to write a note to that effect, which I hope will be ok. It is so much harder when people don't know of your plans...in my last job boss and everyone knew so I had no problems there.

I am stressing a bit over the forms... can I ask those who have recently sent updated info.. did you copy all the info (from aged 18 again) into the fields, or just put 2005 - 2008 information in for addresses and jobs held etc.?

Similarly, did you just copy out all the education info again as well and note that the documentation is included in the original application?

I will be including updated Police search forms (still waiting for reply from them, having only sent off this week), but did anyone put in photos for self and spouse (it doesn't actually ask for them, but I wondered if folks had included them anyway).

I don't want to annoy the officer with excess information.

I was so happy to have received the update latter, but now all the stress of form filling is flooding back!
I am so aware that you have no guarantees, and can't relax in any way until the PPR is issued.... I know that could be months away as yet.

Still, first things first... lets get this update in the post asap

Any shared experiences of what you recent 90-day letter responders did / found tricky / forgot about (!) are welcome

Thanks!

Carol
(TheTonkins)
Cambridgeshire, UK
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

We are AOR November 05 and got our 90 day letter a week ago! Looks like things are definitely moving again.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Recieved my 90 days update letter on 25.01.2008.
AOR 29.12.2005.

Good luck
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

I am stressing a bit over the forms... can I ask those who have recently sent updated info.. did you copy all the info (from aged 18 again) into the fields, or just put 2005 - 2008 information in for addresses and jobs held etc.?

Similarly, did you just copy out all the education info again as well and note that the documentation is included in the original application?

I will be including updated Police search forms (still waiting for reply from them, having only sent off this week), but did anyone put in photos for self and spouse (it doesn't actually ask for them, but I wondered if folks had included them anyway).

I don't want to annoy the officer with excess information.

I was so happy to have received the update latter, but now all the stress of form filling is flooding back!

oh yes, the old paranoia returns with gusto! It's amazing how we are stressing over small details again, just the same as 2.5 years ago!

I'm wondering about how much info to include in the Work Experience category. It says proof of work experience from last 10 years, and mentions pay slips as one of the bits of evidence. Surely not 120 pay slips????? What have people sent? Copies of the last few months?
AARGH! :curse:

Turning into an irrational human being doubting everything and trusting nothing again!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sim2point4
Have been studying Trackitt, and it seems that anyone that applied Jun/Jul/Aug 2005 got their 90 day letters 1 or 2 months before their 2 year anniversary of applying. My 2 year anniversary is about now, but after reading peoples posts on here who applied after Aug 2005, well they have not even heard anything yet, so there is no hope for me Jan 2006 yet! I suppose this must be evidence of a slowdown in the queue, unless anyone can tell me otherwise!
Hi
Check Trackitt again as a couple of Nov 05's have had docs requested. Also see new post here from Sharples family re Jan 06 AOR
Regards
Stef and Lins
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by snoopster
oh yes, the old paranoia returns with gusto! It's amazing how we are stressing over small details again, just the same as 2.5 years ago!

I'm wondering about how much info to include in the Work Experience category. It says proof of work experience from last 10 years, and mentions pay slips as one of the bits of evidence. Surely not 120 pay slips????? What have people sent? Copies of the last few months?
AARGH! :curse:

Turning into an irrational human being doubting everything and trusting nothing again!
Yes, snoopster, I agree entirely!

I have absolutely convinced myself that I don't have enough points now, even though I "should" if I have provided enough supporting documentation. I have been through all of this before!!! Must stop fretting.

Well, over the last few days I have realised that you DO need to repeat all of the official forms (which can be typed into) because the card I got with the letter states updated application forms and schedules "even if you have not had a significant change in circumstances such as a change of employment or family composition".

Ok, so we just copy what we had originally, provided you've kept copies , but add the last 2.5 years' experiences into the most recent fields. Then we need to put a note somewhere to say the earlier years' supporting documentation was provided with original application.

That seems straight forward... mind you, one thing I am wondering about is the updating of funds. There is a new form on the website (for current applicants) which is your "personal self-worth statement".
Has anyone filled that in when sending response to 90-day letter? That one wasn't around when we applied originally, so I am thinking you probably don't use it...

I am still waiting for yet another reference from my old employer, (for 2005 - 2006) who is probably thoroughly fed up with writing these things for me!

Like I said, it can be tricky!

Good luck all of us who are "updating" right now, I want to be in the queue again

Carol
(TheTonkins)
Cambridgeshire, UK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.