Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

90 Day letter received - but i may have a problem?

90 Day letter received - but i may have a problem?

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Exclamation 90 Day letter received - but i may have a problem?

Hi all,

After a 2 and a bit year wait, ive had the 90 day letter, which im chuffed about.

The only problem is that my wife and i have separated this month and are unlikely to be reconciled. Please could you answer a few queries for me:

1. I am the principal applicant, so can i still apply?
2. Will i lose points if notify CHC that i am now a single applicant?
3. Should i ask my wife to update her forms anyway and notify them at a later date?

Sorry if these queries are a bit garbled, iots just a bit of a tough time at the moment for me and i could do with some good news, which the 90 day letter should be.

Hoping you can help to shed some light on this one.

Regards, Stuart
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:28 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day letter received - but i may have a problem?

Hi Stuart,

I just wanted to say congrats on getting your 90 day letter. Also, sorry to hear you and your wife have separated.

Sorry I can't answer any of your other questions, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out.

Karen
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Thanks Karen

Really hoping someone can reply positively. This a chink of light for me at the moment with everything thats going on................

By the way for those still waiting, i applied in June 2006

Regards, Stu
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:11 am
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi all,

After a 2 and a bit year wait, ive had the 90 day letter, which im chuffed about.

The only problem is that my wife and i have separated this month and are unlikely to be reconciled. Please could you answer a few queries for me:

1. I am the principal applicant, so can i still apply?
2. Will i lose points if notify CHC that i am now a single applicant?
3. Should i ask my wife to update her forms anyway and notify them at a later date?

Sorry if these queries are a bit garbled, iots just a bit of a tough time at the moment for me and i could do with some good news, which the 90 day letter should be.

Hoping you can help to shed some light on this one.

Regards, Stuart

Hi Stuart,
The fact that you have seperated doesnt mean you wont be accepted, if you are the prinicipal applicant the points are based on you mostly. What you will need to do is amend your application. Sorry to hear about you and your wife, but better now rather than later.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Wortley`s
Hi Stuart,
The fact that you have seperated doesnt mean you wont be accepted, if you are the prinicipal applicant the points are based on you mostly. What you will need to do is amend your application. Sorry to hear about you and your wife, but better now rather than later.
Thanks for the reply. When you say amend the application, do you mean when i send my 90 day update through?

Stuart
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:35 am
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply. When you say amend the application, do you mean when i send my 90 day update through?

Stuart
yes, there should not be any problems, good luck x
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Hi Stuart, sorry to hear about your separation. But since you've just separated this month, I'm wondering whether you should still continue your application with your wife included on it until you know for sure what may happen with reconciliation with her. You can always take her name off at the last minute of the whole process, but if you reconcile later down the track, it may be a hassle to have her come to Canada with you if she's not included in your documentation as I think then you may have to sponsor her. I'm not sure if that's the case, but just a thought to save hassles later on should you get back together with her.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help so far guys.

The problem is reconciliation is highly unlikely. If i notify CHC when i submit the documents, am i likely to lose points at all???

Stuart
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:27 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Stuart

Have you tried doing the self assessment test on the CIC website based on you only? Maybe that will give you a clearer indication although I am not sure what you will need to do regarding separation proof for CHC when you update!

Sorry to hear about you and the wife.

Danny
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just completed the test as a single applicant and scored 67 !!! So im just scraping it at the moment.

Mr Miller - if you're around id really appreciate some advice.....

Thanks, Stuart
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:05 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Doesn't matter if your scraping it Stuart just as long as you have the required.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Doesn't matter if your scraping it Stuart just as long as you have the required.

Ireally hope you're right - I want to jump for joy, but it all feels a bit muted at the moment.

Stuart
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Ireally hope you're right - I want to jump for joy, but it all feels a bit muted at the moment.

Stuart
Hi Stuart
So sorry to hear of your separation, I would be inclined to leave things as they are for now, it is early days for both of you....and you both may come to realise that you miss each other over time. You have 90 days to update, so i would not do anything until the week before....just take your time over this. As has been said in an earlier response, it would be difficult should you decide that you do want her to come with you, if you have already cancelled her off.
You don't say whether you have children? That would complicate matters ten fold....so I am assuming that you haven't and just want to make a hasty escape??????? In my opinion, you should let the dust settle .....then use logic to think things through.....but it is only my opinion.
The very best of luck to you though....a tough time ahead for you both.
lol
Stef and Lins
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:33 am
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stuart

I may be able to help, I have just been through the same problem you are going through.

I was the principle applicant, my partner and her daughter were also on our application for PR. My partner decided once we had the 90 day that she now longer wished to travel, so we separated I am now travelling alone.

You have to leave it to the last minute, I received the medical requests for all 3 of us, only I attended so only my results were sent to CHC. Also I sent my RPRF Fee just after my medical and I wrote a letter advising CHC of the change of circumstances and that I would be travelling alone. I then left it 30days from my medical and hand delivered my passport to London for my PR Visa. Approx a week after dropping the passport off and a week to collect I received a phone call from one of the staff at CHC asking if my partner and step daughter were still travelling, I advised CHC that I had wrote to them advising of the change of circumstances which she had not received. The girl from CHC then emailed me a declaration asking me complete it and have it witnessed by a Solicitor which cost £5 and £4.60 to post recorded delivery. The declaration was merely stating that as my step daughter hadn't rereceiveder medical then I would not be able to sponsor her later in her life if she wished to come to Canada. This is in accordance with R117 (9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

This is what happened to me put of course I can't say the same will apply to you, but I only hope this helps.

I now have my PR Visa and land in Calgary next Sunday 5th October.