90 day letter questions

Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default 90 day letter questions

Hi everyone
I'm working on my 90 day letter, due to be sent on friday.

I have most of the items, but a few short questions.

* While I can justify four plus years of experience easily, my work experience in the last year has been spotty. I did six straight years, took a year out ot do my msc, and then was employed for six months, unemployed for 3, worked four four, unemployed for one and am now permanently employed again.
Do i need to provide proof that I was unemployed as well as when I was employed? I gave dates and can corroborate those with contracts and references for the employed part but not of the unemployed part.

* I was sent my 90 day letter on 15 Dec. I did not receive it, chased it by email and received a response on 31 january. I would like to send my package off this friday to be within the original 90 day period, but I haven't yet received my police certs as I only had 45 days to arrange them..as I got the letter 45 days late! Should I send off the package explaining why and send hte certs later when I get them? Or should I wait and hope to receive htem within anohter 45 days and cite the date on the email?

* How much proof of employment is needed? I have contracts and payslips for all the jobs, but can't get a reference for one of them. Is this going to be a big issue?

Thanks everyone. Sorry this is stressy and probably stupid questions, but i'm down to these three questions, finding a letter, printing off some electronicly sent payslips, a load of copying and actually receiving the police certs...

Cheers
Debbie
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 day letter questions

Originally Posted by Caitilin
Hi everyone

* While I can justify four plus years of experience easily, my work experience in the last year has been spotty. I did six straight years, took a year out ot do my msc, and then was employed for six months, unemployed for 3, worked four four, unemployed for one and am now permanently employed again.
Do i need to provide proof that I was unemployed as well as when I was employed? I gave dates and can corroborate those with contracts and references for the employed part but not of the unemployed part.

* I was sent my 90 day letter on 15 Dec. I did not receive it, chased it by email and received a response on 31 january. I would like to send my package off this friday to be within the original 90 day period, but I haven't yet received my police certs as I only had 45 days to arrange them..as I got the letter 45 days late! Should I send off the package explaining why and send hte certs later when I get them? Or should I wait and hope to receive htem within anohter 45 days and cite the date on the email?

* How much proof of employment is needed? I have contracts and payslips for all the jobs, but can't get a reference for one of them. Is this going to be a big issue?

Thanks everyone. Sorry this is stressy and probably stupid questions, but i'm down to these three questions, finding a letter, printing off some electronicly sent payslips, a load of copying and actually receiving the police certs...

Cheers
Debbie
Hi
I thought you just had to have been employed for whatever years in the past 10. I would send copy payslips and if you claimed Jobseekers when you were not employed then the dept where you claimed should be able to give you a letter stating the dates you claimed if you ask them. Just document everything and if you cant, then write a letter explaining why you cant to cover yourself.
Good luck
Stef and Lins
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 90 day letter questions

Originally Posted by Caitilin
Hi everyone

Cheers
Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Funnily enough I am in the same situation as yourself, in that I am also sending off the 90-day letter on Friday, ... and I am still waiting for our Police certs as well! They didn't take this long last two times I had ordered them, (even though they quote a maximum of 40 days).

I have the receipt from the local police from when I sent the request and fee, to prove that I have asked for the certs, so I will need to send a copy of that to them on Friday with my update (unless they arrive tomorrow!) and send the certificates immediately they arrive.

I have a couple of questions, ... how many copies of the update have people sent in?
I remember sending about three copies for the main application, yet the letter doesn't mention how many they want for the 90-day update. Is it just one copy?

Can anyone remember, or let me know if I have missed this information, thanks!

Also.... did people put in a "checklist" as before, as found on the "visa office specific forms"?

Carol
(TheTonkins)
Cambridgeshire, UK