90 Day Letter Questions (2)

Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future
Default 90 Day Letter Questions (2)

Hi,

We are away to send our full documents in response to our 90 day letter, (AOR Oct 2007). Just two questions;

We sent payment with our simplified application back in 2007. We don't send payment again, correct? The london 'checklist' makes reference to it, however in the list of things we should provide that is detailed in our 90 day letter, it makes no mention of 'fees'. I assume that the amount we paid back in 2007 covers this. (fee for me + spouse)

Also, for marriage, birth, education etc, we are sending Originals. It does say 'copy' of passport page; fine. But it doesn't say either way for other certificates, so we are taking that to mean originals. I just want to get these back!

cheers,
Alan
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Letter Questions (2)

Hi

Originally Posted by Alanandson
Hi,

We are away to send our full documents in response to our 90 day letter, (AOR Oct 2007). Just two questions;

We sent payment with our simplified application back in 2007. We don't send payment again, correct? The london 'checklist' makes reference to it, however in the list of things we should provide that is detailed in our 90 day letter, it makes no mention of 'fees'. I assume that the amount we paid back in 2007 covers this. (fee for me + spouse)

Also, for marriage, birth, education etc, we are sending Originals. It does say 'copy' of passport page; fine. But it doesn't say either way for other certificates, so we are taking that to mean originals. I just want to get these back!

cheers,
Alan
1. Send photocopies as there is a good chance you won't get them back.
2. You will have to pay $490 per adult for the Right of PR fee before a visa is issued.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

cheers,
Alan
We ordered 'legal copies' of our birth certs fom relevant registry offices, cost around £7 each for the long versions, enclosed a SAE and took a few days to arrive. We got everything sent back by CHC apart from printed-off forms, but, as PMM says, there is a chance you won't, so not worth the risk of sending originals.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

thanks for the responses,

do photocopies have to be verified/notarized? We sent off for new birth certs and got them (long ones) , it's just university certificates, marriage certs. we would like them back..

Also, we have to pay another fee now? it doesn't mention this in our letter. We already paid a large amount in CAD when we sent in our original, Simplified application, (one fee per person).

EDIT: just checked our receipt from CIC London in 2007, and we paid $550 CAD per person (1100 total) for application/PR fees..

Last edited by Alanandson; Apr 25th 2010 at 4:58 am.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 5:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks for the responses,

do photocopies have to be verified/notarized? We sent off for new birth certs and got them (long ones) , it's just university certificates, marriage certs. we would like them back..

Also, we have to pay another fee now? it doesn't mention this in our letter. We already paid a large amount in CAD when we sent in our original, Simplified application, (one fee per person).

EDIT: just checked our receipt from CIC London in 2007, and we paid $550 CAD per person (1100 total) for application/PR fees..
1. You paid the processing and application fee.
2. Before the visa (COPR) is issued you will have to pay $490 x 2 for the RPRF The Visa office will request it.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

do photocopies have to be verified/notarized? We sent off for new birth certs and got them (long ones) , it's just university certificates, marriage certs. we would like them back.
We also got a legal copy of our marriage certificate. We gave the notary the original qualifications, he photocopied them and notarized them (and did checks to make sure genuine), then gave us the photocopies with the notaries seals and declarations to send to CHC, and gave us the originals back to keep. The notary was the one who told us to get legal copies - he said he cannot notarize photocopies of the birth/marriage certs. Sealed university transcripts were requested from the unis and these were given unopen to CHC as requested. Everything was returned by CHC.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

We scanned all our birth/marriage certificates and education qualifications into our computer and then printed them out using the colour printer as our letter simply asked for photocopies. None were notarised and we've just had our medicals so they were ok. Like singingringingtree says we also sent sealed transcripts. None of our documents were returned. We sent the RPRF ($490 for me and $490 for spouse) after we had the medicals done.

Last edited by Northernlass1; Apr 25th 2010 at 8:58 am.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

i'll just photocopy my documents then, along with the legal birth certs I got. I wasn't keen on sending in my uni certificate so i'll copy that too. I have original employment references/signed letters so they can have those..
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

i'll just photocopy my documents then, along with the legal birth certs I got. I wasn't keen on sending in my uni certificate so i'll copy that too. I have original employment references/signed letters so they can have those..
I understood you had to obtain another sealed copy from the uni i think £ 35.00 but check on that
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I understood you had to obtain another sealed copy from the uni i think £ 35.00 but check on that
That's correct. Didn't charge us for ours though.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

I have read this now, (sealed transcripts, not certificates) however it's too late if we are to make our deadline.

It didn't state this in our letter they sent us. I have seen it now listed under the 'London checklist', but there isn't anything I can realistically do to get copies from the Uni at such short notice. So we'll see how it goes.

The letter they sent me references a website that doesn't exist anymore and most of the letter was handwritten. The other 14 points on the letter makes no reference to sealed anything, it's just by chance after reading on here that I did more digging on 'main' CIC website, but , we missed the boat on that I think..

* edit * apparently I can get new transcripts (sealed) next week for 40 quid, so just went and ordered them, better safe than sorry.

Last edited by Alanandson; Apr 26th 2010 at 1:29 am.