Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

90 day letter and 120 day letter????

90 day letter and 120 day letter????

Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Question 90 day letter and 120 day letter????

People keep mentioning 90 day letters and 120 day letters on threads, and I just want to make sure I understand exactly what they are. I'll be applying under FSW.

I think the 120 day letter is the request to send in all further documentation to CHC for review. Everybody applying under FSW will receive one of these. Is that right?

I'm confused by the 90 day letter though. What is this, and does everyone receive one?

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 day letter and 120 day letter????

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
People keep mentioning 90 day letters and 120 day letters on threads, and I just want to make sure I understand exactly what they are. I'll be applying under FSW.

I think the 120 day letter is the request to send in all further documentation to CHC for review. Everybody applying under FSW will receive one of these. Is that right?

I'm confused by the 90 day letter though. What is this, and does everyone receive one?

Thanks

Hi Mark. You are correct, the 120 letter is the request to send in info to CIC.

The 90 day letter is exactly the same thing, but the difference is that it's only for those that applied under the old system (pre Feb 2008).

So any mentions of 90 day letters that you see are also for other SW applicants, but those that applied before things changed. You will receive a 120 day letter.

Hope that clarifies it.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

You mean it's something I don't have to worry about???

Brilliant!!!!

One question though, if I get all my paperwork sorted out early and submit well before the end of the 120 days, do you think it make the rest of the process quicker, or does nothing happen until the end of this period anyway?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You mean it's something I don't have to worry about???

Brilliant!!!!

One question though, if I get all my paperwork sorted out early and submit well before the end of the 120 days, do you think it make the rest of the process quicker, or does nothing happen until the end of this period anyway?
Nope, you don't have to worry about the 90 day letter - just the 120 one!

Definitely worth getting all your paperwork together asap. The quicker you send it back, the quicker your application will be processed. And you might as well start collating it to save yourself the stress of a deadline when the letter appears!

Only thing you may not want to do is your police checks as they have a time limit on them so you probably won't want to risk them running out and having to do them again.

Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cool, though I think police checks only take 10 days (if I remember rightly from the website), so they shouldn't hold things up.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

laidback4 is on a distinguished road

I received a 90 day letter rather than 120 and I applied under the new system (FSW, List of 38). Admittedly my application is being handled by CIC Vienna rather than London though.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by laidback4
I received a 90 day letter rather than 120 and I applied under the new system (FSW, List of 38). Admittedly my application is being handled by CIC Vienna rather than London though.
Well that's confused me! Have never heard of anybody getting a 90 day letter who's applied under the new system. Can only assume that, as you said, it's because you applied elsewhere.

Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Cool, though I think police checks only take 10 days (if I remember rightly from the website), so they shouldn't hold things up.
Hi Mark

I believe the police certificates are usually valid for 6 months from date of issue - according to the FAQ`s on the application form?

Sue
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

We applied Sep 06 FSW simplified and we received a 60 day letter last August. We applied through Sydney office. I also would suggest getting your paperwork together now, as much as you can anyway to avoid delays. We didn't expect to hear from the consulate before 24 mths yet we did so were totally unprepared. We're still waiting for meds request.