6 month bank history for EE.

Old May 27th 2019, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6 month bank history for EE.

Hi there, i did ask a very similar question a few weeks back, but it was muddled in with a larger topic and some other questions on settlement funds for PNP etc. what should be declared etc and realised i never actually got a definitive answer.

So on the government website, proof of funds page i get this
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
the bit in red is what i have a question around, i know for PNP i need to maintain the money in my account for 3 months prior to applying, for EE i can't see anything stipulating that, however obviously there is the caveat that they want the average balance for the past 6 months.

do they care that 4 months ago i had less than the settlement funds in there, or do they just want to see that i didn't get a mate to put 16000 dollars in the account 2 days earlier?

Going forward I intend to keep more than the minimum in the account at all times and continue building the pot up(and will sell UK property if i get PR), but i only got over the $15,772 threshold about 2 weeks ago and wasn't sure if i could apply as of now (well when i get my CofQ) or if i need to wait another 5.5 months (and potentially miss another trade draw).

thanks in advance
Old May 28th 2019, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 month bank history for EE.

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
do they care that 4 months ago i had less than the settlement funds in there, or do they just want to see that i didn't get a mate to put 16000 dollars in the account 2 days earlier?
Yep, that's exactly what they're checking for. As long as you've got the funds when you apply and they can see that they're genuine, that's all good. There is no requirement to have held the funds for 6 months.