Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

5 months+ after medicals and no PPR, CAIPS?

5 months+ after medicals and no PPR, CAIPS?

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough
Default 5 months+ after medicals and no PPR, CAIPS?

Hi all, I need your advice (again) please:

When or at which stage of your application is advisable or useful to order CAIPS?

I've been in process for PR (Quebec selected) for 7 months, medicals done at the end of march and still no signs of getting our passport request.

I've sent 2 case specific enquires and didn't receive any answer, which is annoying specially since they mentioned in their automated reply that they will only answer to case status enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca has passed (mine did at the time that I sent my enquire).

Am I exaggerating or should I worry and order my CAIPS? We were expecting to receive PPR by now, so we are very worry that something is not looking well.

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:43 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 months+ after medicals and no PPR, CAIPS?

Things are slow for PR applicants in Summer as other case types take priority, and staff movements, and holidays reduce staff effectiveness temporarily. Also background checks can take longer for the same reasons. I would wait another few weeks and then email again.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Lindita
Hi all, I need your advice (again) please:

When or at which stage of your application is advisable or useful to order CAIPS?

I've been in process for PR (Quebec selected) for 7 months, medicals done at the end of march and still no signs of getting our passport request.

I've sent 2 case specific enquires and didn't receive any answer, which is annoying specially since they mentioned in their automated reply that they will only answer to case status enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca has passed (mine did at the time that I sent my enquire).

Am I exaggerating or should I worry and order my CAIPS? We were expecting to receive PPR by now, so we are very worry that something is not looking well.

Thanks.
You are still within the normal processing time for Quebec Skilled Workers at London which is 4-10 months for 80% of the cases. That is probably why they won't answer your emails. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...que.asp#europe
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You are still within the normal processing time for Quebec Skilled Workers at London which is 4-10 months for 80% of the cases. That is probably why they won't answer your emails. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...que.asp#europe
Thanks PMM,

However, according to the processing times in the CHC London web site I am not within the normal processint time for Quebec Skilled workers, which is 6 months http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng.

And when you get an automated reply after sending an enquire they clearly say that : 'We only reply to case status enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not www.cic.gc.ca) has passed'.

Thats why I wondered why they haven't answer...because my time, according to www.unitedkingdom.gc.cs has obviously passed.