British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   42-48mths before application considered? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/42-48mths-before-application-considered-559944/)

laguna33p Sep 6th 2008 10:46 pm

42-48mths before application considered?

Is it true that for a skilled visa, the application wont even get a looking until after 42mths?

Jim Humphries Sep 6th 2008 11:12 pm

Re: 42-48mths before application considered?

For skilled worker applications without approved job offers or PNP selection that will often be the case.

raymasa Sep 7th 2008 9:47 am

And with new regulations, if you job is not on demand list, it may very well be much longer than that.

But if your job is in the demand list, you may get it much quicker.

Ray

Andrew Miller Sep 7th 2008 9:59 am

Originally Posted by raymasa (Post 6758111)
And with new regulations, if you job is not on demand list, it may very well be much longer than that.

But if your job is in the demand list, you may get it much quicker.

Ray

If occupation will not be on the list of occupations in high demand then application will simply be returned without processing.

The safest route is through arranged employment or PNP.

raymasa Sep 7th 2008 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller (Post 6758132)
If occupation will not be on the list of occupations in high demand then application will simply be returned without processing.

The safest route is through arranged employment or PNP.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification on that. Do you think this would apply to those who filled application prior to February 2008? While the new regulations says that pre-February 2008 application will be processed as before, I have been hearing rumors that may not be the case. Especially with CEC, most of the quota will be taken up by that and PNP applications. Which would mean normal Federal applications will come to a crawl. Do you think that is the case?

I was expecting to have received medical request by now (documents update sent mid-April), but haven’t heard anything from London. Stressing me out.

Ray

Andrew Miller Sep 7th 2008 2:43 pm

Applications submitted prior to Feb 27 2008 are not subject to being returned if occupation is not in high demand. But they will be simply left to dry behind higher priority categories taking up visa quotas first.

raymasa Sep 7th 2008 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller (Post 6758718)
Applications submitted prior to Feb 27 2008 are not subject to being returned if occupation is not in high demand. But they will be simply left to dry behind higher priority categories taking up visa quotas first.

That's what I have been hearing. All the excitement in January for having received document update letter, which mentioned that a visa officer ill start processing the application in the next 3 to 5 months. And then the new regulations came out which seemed to have effected the processing time frame. So frustrating.

Ray

mclauchlan35 Sep 7th 2008 4:04 pm

Won't your case be unaffected as you have already sent your updates and your case should be getting look at?

Dan

raymasa Sep 7th 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35 (Post 6758839)
Won't your case be unaffected as you have already sent your updates and your case should be getting look at?

Dan

I was hoping for that. I was expecting to hear from CHC London by June or July. Nothing. Looking at trackitt, some of the people with AOR later then mine have received medical request (although some applicants with earlier AOR still haven't).

Then I started hearing how the quota will be used up by CEC and PNP applicants, and when you are desperately waiting and hearing rumors it doesn’t bode well for stress level…but I am still hopeful and at least people with similar AOR date have received medical request and some even passport request (according to trackitt).

Ray