Wikiposts

3 months notice

Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default 3 months notice

Well, I have some very tricky decisions to make!

I'm still waiting for my passport request, which could come today or it could come in three months, it's impossible to say!

The problem is that I'm stuck in the UK and my girlfriend is over in Canada. My company are becoming increasingly unhelpful when I ask to go over there for a week or two - even though I work from home in the UK and would be doing exactly the same thing over there, albeit with the time difference.

If I knew when my PPR would arrive, I could plan accordingly, but I don't so I'm in limbo.

The other problem is that in my employment contract it states that I must give 3 months notice to my employer. I'm very close to doing this and running the risk of being jobless in Canada on a visitors work permit until I finally get PR. But I've never left a job without another one to go to in my life! And I'm very uneasy doing this now.

I have the phone in my hand now and I'm on the brink of calling my boss. I just had to vent and this seemed like as good a place as any.

Is anyone else in (or was in) in a similar situation?

Last edited by humanist; Jul 5th 2010 at 10:07 pm.