230mm x 305mm envelope size

Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default 230mm x 305mm envelope size

Hi, I've trawled through threads about this but the only definitive answer pointed to a link which is no longer there.

We have to envelope our documents and I can't see any way in hell they can fit into a 230mm x 305mm envelope even if I could find one (for which a trip to W H Smith and to the Post Office at lunchtime proved fruitless!).

One of our documents are University transcripts in a sealed envelope which is 320mm long, and can't really be bent.

We have a large envelope which is 250mm x 380 mm, but is a bit too long and can be folded at the end to be 250mm x 340mm. Also the file of documents is too thick for any conventional A4 style envelopes even without the long document problem.

How pernickity are they about the envelope size? Since the main culprit is something they won't let me open, I don't see I have another choice but to mail it in a larger envelope?

This is probably the most trivial question I've asked yet but I would hate to have our application bounced back to us and by defeated by an envelope!

Thanks,
Wayne.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:08 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 230mm x 305mm envelope size

North American paper sizes and presumably envelope sizes are different from the rest of the world (well they have to be!) and don't follow the A-series for paper which is based on a lovely bit of mathematics (a special aspect ratio such that it always maintains its aspect ratio on folding lengthways), as opposed to something entirely arbitrary. As such, I'd find it unlikely you'll find an envelope in the UK that fulfils those exact requirements.

Probably doesn't help you though. Despite their bureaucracy I'm sure they don't expect you to fit things impossibly into tiny envelopes...probably best just to use the large one.

Excuse the excitement about paper sizes, I am a nerd.