Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2015. - is there going to be a change in PR processing times??

2015. - is there going to be a change in PR processing times??

Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold
Default 2015. - is there going to be a change in PR processing times??

We all heard about Express entry and changes that impact FSW stream..
but, I was thinking today... will there be changes in other PR streams?

what do you think, how will it affect PNP, or Family sponsorship?
will they process all PR applications faster, or maybe timelines for other streams will actually prolong?

I have province nomination, I have to submit my application to CIC by March 2015.
I don't know what to do, should I submit it now, or wait 'till January 2015?
My current VO is Vienna and processing time is 19 months for PNP
Old Nov 5th 2014, 2:27 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2015. - is there going to be a change in PR processing times??

I don't think it will change processing times, and applications submitted first get priority, so I would suggest submitting now. You can always withdraw and resubmit later.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
We all heard about Express entry and changes that impact FSW stream..
but, I was thinking today... will there be changes in other PR streams?
Express Entry isn't just for FSW, it's going to affect 'a portion of' PNP too according to CIC (as well as CEC, FSTP etc).

So I agree with Schnooks, just apply now, in case things don't change in your favour. 19 months is pretty quick anyway in PR terms, not worth risking it for a slightly quicker processing time imo.

Good luck.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

lexismorden is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here with ur situation laluna.. am holding my Pr application because i am planning to submit thru ee ..but i guess it is wise to lodge the application before they are going to change the procedure..as far as i know EE is more complicated as cic required more yet still plan to create online profile for my ee.our education shud be assessed enabling us to be qualified
Old Dec 20th 2014, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

I've sent my application, it reached CIO on Dec 1st.
but I'm also planning to create online EE profile, because we have 980 points and processing time is a lot shorter!
My Diploma's with WES and as soon as I get my results, I'll apply through EE.