The 2012/2013 FSW Timeline Club

Old Jun 21st 2013, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Re: The 2012/2013 FSW Timeline Club

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As pointed out previously, that 11 months timescale was on an out of date link - current processing times given by CIC are much longer than that unfortunately.
I know that it'll take as long as it takes, but out of interest, how do we know it's an out of date link?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

You can navigate to this from the home page on CIC.

It does mention on this, or another, page that priority is given to applications with arranged employment, which suggests they would be faster than the processing times quoted for general FSW applications.

Now I know that'll sound like I'm just hoping, given I have an FSW2 application in. Obviously I am hoping, but I've certainly not got my hopes up for it being that quick. I expect it to take a while longer.

But was just wondering why we are sure it's an out of date link, given it can be currently accessed from the home page?

Graham.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Well there's been another update to the complete applications page.

Still a low number at 65 applications, but another update so soon after the first shows things are still moving.

No evidence of any payment taken for me yet. Good luck to anyone else who has applied in this year's intake
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham1710
I know that it'll take as long as it takes, but out of interest, how do we know it's an out of date link?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

You can navigate to this from the home page on CIC.

It does mention on this, or another, page that priority is given to applications with arranged employment, which suggests they would be faster than the processing times quoted for general FSW applications.

Now I know that'll sound like I'm just hoping, given I have an FSW2 application in. Obviously I am hoping, but I've certainly not got my hopes up for it being that quick. I expect it to take a while longer.

But was just wondering why we are sure it's an out of date link, given it can be currently accessed from the home page?

Graham.
Because it's dated from last year, I think Sept iirc, and hasn't been updated since - during which time processing times have more than doubled. You can also see that it's an out of date link just from the mention of AEO's, which don't exist anymore!!

The only really accurate info you can use on the CIC website re: processing times is the open data, which shows that in 2012 only 20% of FSW cat 2 applications were processed in less than the 11 months mentioned on that web page. 80% were processed in 20 months.

As a contrast, in 2011 the 80% figure for FSW cat 2 applications shows that they were processed in less than 9 months!

HTH.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Because it's dated from last year, I think Sept iirc, and hasn't been updated since - during which time processing times have more than doubled.

The only really accurate info you can use on the CIC website re: processing times is the open data, which shows that in 2012 only 20% of FSW cat 2 applications were processed in less than the 11 months mentioned on that web page. 80% were processed in 20 months.

As a contrast, in 2011 the 80% figure for FSW cat 2 applications shows that they were processed in less than 9 months!

HTH.
Cool, thanks.

Wow, seems 2011 was the time to apply under FSW2!

Oh well, just time to wait and see.

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, thanks.

Wow, seems 2011 was the time to apply under FSW2!

Oh well, just time to wait and see.

Thanks,

Graham.
Yep! Out of interest I've just looked up the figures and there were approx. 5000 more FSW cat 2 applications last year than in 2011, so that will no doubt be one of the reasons for the delay.

As pointed out by PMM on another thread though, those working in Canada on TWP's (i.e. you) will be given priority over those waiting outside Canada for a FSW cat 2 application.

So I hope you hear something very soon, best of luck.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep! Out of interest I've just looked up the figures and there were approx. 5000 more FSW cat 2 applications last year than in 2011, so that will no doubt be one of the reasons for the delay.

As pointed out by PMM on another thread though, those working in Canada on TWP's (i.e. you) will be given priority over those waiting outside Canada for a FSW cat 2 application.

Just to put it into context, how many were there in 2011? Just wondering how much 5000 more is in the grand scheme of things.

Cool, that's good news that mine should be given priority. Let's hope so! :-)

Graham.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just to put it into context, how many were there in 2011? Just wondering how much 5000 more is in the grand scheme of things.
I've just shut the spreadsheet down but irrc it was around 25k in 2011 and 30k in 2012, so a 20% increase.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just shut the spreadsheet down but irrc it was around 25k in 2011 and 30k in 2012, so a 20% increase.
Thanks!

Graham.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:27 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Since when has this been true? Is it new?
It wasn't the case 18 months ago when we got through.

At that time, there were loads of applicants who were AEO applicants, most particularly from Pakistan, who were still in their home countries and who jumped us in the queue at London VO and who were processed in as little as 6 months.

At the time, it was especially annoying and a big worry for us, as my OH only got a 1 year LMO and TWP, which expired while our application was still being processed, so he and his company had to go through getting the LMO all over again.

If this is a new introduction, then it is a very good idea and I am so glad for anyone in this position who doesn't have to got through the worry that we did, but it might have been nice if Immigration Canada had had the good sense to do this earlier.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:48 am
Just Joined

devkis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and writing for the first time. I have applied in NOC2132 category.

I am facing a dilemma and thought of asking around. Your comments are appreciated.

In the past job experience letter sent with my package, my employer had mentioned about the various roles I performed / from-o date/ 40hrs per week/ salary. However, it did not specifically mention the duties I carried out. I had supplemented the letter with few other letter that my employers wrote from time to time to immigration USA etc. that actually mentioned the duties. I had requested CIC in my cover letter to note that as well. I now think that the app might get declined as the job responsibilities are not outlined in the only letter that CIC appreciates.

Meanwhile, I convinced my past employer to put in the duties and obtained a new letter. Is it worth to send only the new letter with a cover letter requesting CIO to include it with my previously sent application? I don't think my app is touched yet by the CIO as they received it on 5th of June. The driver for my thinking being a faint confidence that CIO will respond to the proactivity favorably, understanding that sending the whole package to the applicant for him/her only to include one letter and send it back is not going to make any difference to the end result as far as that one applicant is considered and given all other as aspects of his/her application are tip-top.

On the flip side I am scared of the possibility that no only they will refuse my request to merge the letter with the rest of my app, but also flag the still unopened package as incomplete.

I know we have been talking about the rules that CIO/ CIC is following. But still, is there any room for out of the box thinking/ approach in this case?

Thanks.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by devkis

I know we have been talking about the rules that CIO/ CIC is following. But still, is there any room for out of the box thinking/ approach in this case?
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As far as I know (and I'm happy to be corrected) you can only send additional information for an application once CIC have assigned a reference number to your application (I think they call it a UCI number???).

Until you have that number there is nothing to identify your application out of the thousands they will have sitting on various desks or wherever they store them.

The problem is you won't get that number until they have assessed your application for completeness and approved it for the next stage.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but they will have a strict process probably written in some poor soul's blood and they will not deviate from it until a new process replaces it.

I have a similar problem in that a past employer from 9 1/2 years ago wouldn't put duties on the letter because they don't keep that on record after so long. I did get them to add that fact to the letter, and just listed the duties on the form. In all honesty I expect CIC will not count that period of time towards time on the job for that NOC, but it's all I could give as I'd lost contact with anyone I worked with there that could confirm what I did.

Hope that helps, or at least clears thing up for you.

Scribe

PS I'd delete the identical post in the other thread before the moderators spot it
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

FYI: there's been another cap update on the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Numbers are still much lower than I expected. Perhaps the only have 2 people working on this
Old Jul 16th 2013, 10:35 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scribe123
FYI: there's been another cap update on the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Numbers are still much lower than I expected. Perhaps the only have 2 people working on this
That seems odd, but it won't make any difference how many people they have working through them. They will still be piling up.
The number shown has and never will be any reliable reflection of where they are actually up to in terms of applications received.

I would expect quite a few NOCs are already effectively full, it just isn't showing yet.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helcat12
That seems odd, but it won't make any difference how many people they have working through them. They will still be piling up.
The number shown has and never will be any reliable reflection of where they are actually up to in terms of applications received.

I would expect quite a few NOCs are already effectively full, it just isn't showing yet.
I'm sure many NOC are full in reality. Big piles of applications sitting in a room at cic, but these are the 163 they have opened, confirmed are complete and successfully taken payment for, hence my comment of 2 people (tonge in cheek of course)
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 11:05 am
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scribe123
I'm sure many NOC are full in reality. Big piles of applications sitting in a room at cic, but these are the 163 they have opened, confirmed are complete and successfully taken payment for, hence my comment of 2 people (tonge in cheek of course)
Hi Scribe123,

Thanks for the updates - much appreciated! Even just seeing the numbers being processed slowly increasing at least makes me feel something is happening during all the radio silence from CIC! They've had out application for 2 months now (was received by them on 20th May), and not a word and no payment has been taken from our credit card.

Scribe 123, I know we are in for the same occupation - i notice 2174 looks to be one of the occupations filling up the fastest!! No surprises there since it's been a good few years since it was last on the list for Canada. Let me know if you hear anything as hopefully we won't be too far behind you!

I'm just wondering how long it is likely to take CIC to issue PR visas to those of us who have applied to the FSW May call this year, and are successful in being selected? I know they have indicated they would turn them around in a year, but how realistic is this for those of us without offers of employment? For our particular circumstance, it's important we would be able to emigrate by this time next year.

Interested to hear any views/experience?

Cheers, Petal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.