The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 2:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by cben
I checked this weekend (Canada Day weekend) and the online status says Decision has been made.
Doesn’t really give me any more information...
I called CIC call centre this morning and neither the call centre agent or an actual immigration officer I was put though to could help.
Only the processing office in Ottawa could help me. Unfortunately you cannot contact these guys, so I need to sit and wait for their email and/or contact though the post.

I haven’t had a request for my passports as yet – however I did send them scanned copies in my application pack. Also both passports have the microchips so I am guessing they may not needed them.

Can any one please give me some information? I am very anxious here.
I applied from within Canada under the Economic Class.
As mentioned on your other post, it is possible to contact Ottawa by either sending a case specific enquiry or sending them a fax.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ada/ottawa.asp

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven’t had a request for my passports as yet – however I did send them scanned copies in my application pack. Also both passports have the microchips so I am guessing they may not needed them.

Can any one please give me some information? I am very anxious here.
I applied from within Canada under the Economic Class.
Do they still request passports?

I thought that didn't happen any more. Perhaps it was for 2012 applicants onwards.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

cben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey All - My CORP came though today! Woot!
I need to "flag pole" it to get it all confirmed apparently...

Do I need to take anything specific with me other then passports and the COPR? eg;
Birth certificate
proof of common law (e.g. receipts, tenancy agreements, life insurance etc)
any orig docs I sent copies of?

I know immigration need to verify the COPR and assess I am who I said I was in the application – but how long does this take? Anything I need to worry about?

Do they issue the PR Cards right there or will these be mailed to me?
If so how long goes that take?

Do I need to wait till I get my PR Cards before I can ask Service Canada for a new SIN number?
Or will immigration give me some receipt I can use for Service Canada.

Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Congrats its a great feeling when it comes through!!

My advice is take everything! Not sure what you need for a spousal application, I'd suggest at least proof of common law and maybe proof of funds, proof of address etc... You may not need any of it but better to have it just incase.

If you have everything it doesn't take long, I think ours was processed in less than half an hour.

PR cards are currently taking 63 days, ours where pretty much exactly that. CIC publishes up to date details on this.

Can't answer on the SIN numbers - I got mine originally with my work permit. But I don't think you'd need a card for that, you will get a document proving you are a PR and this should be enough.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All - My CORP came though today! Woot!
I need to "flag pole" it to get it all confirmed apparently...

Do I need to take anything specific with me other then passports and the COPR? eg;
Birth certificate
proof of common law (e.g. receipts, tenancy agreements, life insurance etc)
any orig docs I sent copies of?

I know immigration need to verify the COPR and assess I am who I said I was in the application – but how long does this take? Anything I need to worry about?

Do they issue the PR Cards right there or will these be mailed to me?
If so how long goes that take?

Do I need to wait till I get my PR Cards before I can ask Service Canada for a new SIN number?
Or will immigration give me some receipt I can use for Service Canada.

Thanks
Congrats!!!

There will be a list of what they require you to take with you to 'land' on the letter you received. When I landed, I just took my passport and COPR letter and some photos - I don't know if it has changed recently though.

You can take a copy of your COPR (when you have landed) to Service Canada and get a new SI number there and then, also health coverage with the Province. You will receive your PR Card(s) in about 6-8 weeks from date of landing - you will be asked to supply an address for them to be sent to.

Don't lose the bit of paper (COPR) that they staple to your passport when you have landed - you will need it for Citizenship and Canada Pensions (as well as your SI number, etc.)

Congrats again!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 22nd 2013 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Congrats its a great feeling when it comes through!!

My advice is take everything! Not sure what you need for a spousal application, I'd suggest at least proof of common law and maybe proof of funds, proof of address etc... You may not need any of it but better to have it just incase.

If you have everything it doesn't take long, I think ours was processed in less than half an hour.

PR cards are currently taking 63 days, ours where pretty much exactly that. CIC publishes up to date details on this.

Can't answer on the SIN numbers - I got mine originally with my work permit. But I don't think you'd need a card for that, you will get a document proving you are a PR and this should be enough.
Ailsa - you need to get a new permanent SI number (one that doesn't start with a '9') - the one you have presently with your TWP is only a temporary one.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

cben is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Guys

I am already in Canada on a Temp Work Permit and have a SIN number that does start with 9.
The PR was applied from within Canada so from my understanding I need to get my backside to the border with the COPR and passports only. I will of course take my filing box just incase

Once I get the forms signed/stamped what ever from CBSA I can pop into Service Canada and get a new SIN right away ?
With the new SIN I can go to Service Ontario and update my health card and driving licence.

Then I need to update the bank with my new SIN - oh fun!
The pleasures of PR! LOL

Please let me know if I missed something.

Cheers guys
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by siouxie
Ailsa - you need to get a new permanent SI number (one that doesn't start with a '9') - the one you have presently with your TWP is only a temporary one.
Thanks Sue... Didn't know this one - oh joy - back to the beginning!! lol
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:24 pm
Feeling the love!....

Location: Bowmanville ON, after 3yrs of finally getting PR (Nov15)
Sammie4 is an unknown quantity at this point

After the delay in our application due to court for permission for 2 of the children, we've finally received as of this morning, med & fee requests! Can't believe we're a step closer to PR...Hopefully things are on the move again & more med requests will be sent out to those of you still waiting.... Can't stop smiling...
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:59 pm
Feeling the love!....

"Finally".....

As of today we received notification to send copies of our passports & submit 2 photos so that they can send us our COPR's - We can't believe it & are ecstatic! We'll be hand delivering these & collecting COPR's in person a few weeks later Now our new life is within reach......Still pinching myself in case I'm dreaming!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sammie4
"Finally".....

As of today we received notification to send copies of our passports & submit 2 photos so that they can send us our COPR's - We can't believe it & are ecstatic! We'll be hand delivering these & collecting COPR's in person a few weeks later Now our new life is within reach......Still pinching myself in case I'm dreaming!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:13 pm
Feeling the love!....

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thanks Siouxie, not sure if I'm one of the last of the 2011 FSW club to get positive news?..If not then I wish the remaining few ton's of luck
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

WoooHooo!! Great news!! Congrats Sammie4!!
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:41 am
Feeling the love!....

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
WoooHooo!! Great news!! Congrats Sammie4!!
Thank you!! I know, so excited I can't even sleep!!