The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by Shaun_and_Em
Thanks so much, I love your useful knowledge! I have tried to look for local CIC offices with now joy, do you know where I can find them?

Thanks, Em
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fices/help.asp
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future

Congratulations Angelic - Fantastic news

Has anyabody had any experience with recieving COPR in Canada whilst on a TWP? Just wondering if this takes longer? All other correspondence has been via e-mail, would it be the same for this or is it a more formal document? Can we activate it at the airport or do we have to leave the country (i.e. down to Montana) and re-enter? I've heard mixed things about this.

Have a great day folks
We got our COPR whilst on a TWP. It comes through the post and it will need signing for. They are official documents, one set with your photos on and another set that gets stapled into your passport. When you get the package it will include details on where you can phone to arrange an appointment if you`re already in Canada. We did phone out of curiosity on the time this would take and were told 6 weeks (this was in Ottawa) therefore we drove 2 hours to the border and went shopping in the states, then came back through and landed. It was very easy. There are mixed issues on this but we had a great experience, the USA guy did ask us if we had applied for PR and we said that we had applied but didn`t say anything else. He didn`t ask anything else about PR, if he had asked if we were going to land today then we would have told him the truth. We only answered the questions he asked and didn`t offer any further information! With regards to the Canadian immigration, we took everything we could think of and he didn`t ask for anything other than our passports and COPR. It really does depend who you get I suppose. Fingers crossed you get your COPR soon
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Our timelines are very similar, lets hope we're next!

Random questions... Do we attach them to the passport or does the immigration guys at the border/office do this? Why would the guy in the USA ask if you had applied for PR when you were going to land? I guess we need to land our dogs again, do you think we should take them with us?

Thanks again Martian, really appreciate it

Originally Posted by Martian75
We got our COPR whilst on a TWP. It comes through the post and it will need signing for. They are official documents, one set with your photos on and another set that gets stapled into your passport. When you get the package it will include details on where you can phone to arrange an appointment if you`re already in Canada. We did phone out of curiosity on the time this would take and were told 6 weeks (this was in Ottawa) therefore we drove 2 hours to the border and went shopping in the states, then came back through and landed. It was very easy. There are mixed issues on this but we had a great experience, the USA guy did ask us if we had applied for PR and we said that we had applied but didn`t say anything else. He didn`t ask anything else about PR, if he had asked if we were going to land today then we would have told him the truth. We only answered the questions he asked and didn`t offer any further information! With regards to the Canadian immigration, we took everything we could think of and he didn`t ask for anything other than our passports and COPR. It really does depend who you get I suppose. Fingers crossed you get your COPR soon
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Our timelines are very similar, lets hope we're next!

Random questions... Do we attach them to the passport or does the immigration guys at the border/office do this? Why would the guy in the USA ask if you had applied for PR when you were going to land? I guess we need to land our dogs again, do you think we should take them with us?

Thanks again Martian, really appreciate it
Fingers crossed that you are! The immigration guy will remove your TWP and staple the COPR in your passport. You don't land when going through the USA border as you are leaving Canada, you land on the way back in. The reason the USA immigration might ask is that they get lots of people flagpoling and it seems that some USA borders get fed up with people using the border solely to turn around and return to Canada! When we completed our I94 we stated that we were going shopping and the address of the shopping mall. We were going shopping so it wasn't a problem. When he scanned our fingerprints etc. he started a conversation (which they do to find out info!) and he said "you have TWP, are you not applying for PR then?" My husband replies "yes, we are trying"...and that was the end of the conversation. We didn't want to be in a position where they refused us entry, which it seems some people on the forum have had. When it comes to this, just answer the questions that are asked and don't give any further information. If he had asked if we were going to land on our way back into Canada, then we would have told him yes, as if wouldn't be good to lie! We then went on our way shopping and then when we returned to Canada, we told the lady at the border booth that we wanted to land to activate our PR and she sent us into the office where the immigration officer sorted the paperwork.
As for your dogs, you don't need to take them. We have a dog and she cleared immigration when we arrived on our TWP, they are no longer part of the process. Same as goods to follow (unless you have some more of course!) our goods are already here now so we didn't need to do that either.
Hope this helps! Its quite a process, Eh!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

I know eh?!

Thanks so much, that definitely clears that up, we planned to stay in Montana for the night anyway and visit the malls. I can't understand why they would get so annoyed with people flagpoling, if the process dictates landing or visiting an office, then who wouldn't take the trip? I guess that's what the offices are there for... We have no more goods to follow either which is great, do they tax you on anything previously brought over? i.e. we came on a work permit, hubby brought a roll cab tool box for work, wondering if we'd get taxed... Thanks so much again, hope you are loving it as much as we are

Fingers crossed that you are! The immigration guy will remove your TWP and staple the COPR in your passport. You don't land when going through the USA border as you are leaving Canada, you land on the way back in. The reason the USA immigration might ask is that they get lots of people flagpoling and it seems that some USA borders get fed up with people using the border solely to turn around and return to Canada! When we completed our I94 we stated that we were going shopping and the address of the shopping mall. We were going shopping so it wasn't a problem. When he scanned our fingerprints etc. he started a conversation (which they do to find out info!) and he said "you have TWP, are you not applying for PR then?" My husband replies "yes, we are trying"...and that was the end of the conversation. We didn't want to be in a position where they refused us entry, which it seems some people on the forum have had. When it comes to this, just answer the questions that are asked and don't give any further information. If he had asked if we were going to land on our way back into Canada, then we would have told him yes, as if wouldn't be good to lie! We then went on our way shopping and then when we returned to Canada, we told the lady at the border booth that we wanted to land to activate our PR and she sent us into the office where the immigration officer sorted the paperwork.
As for your dogs, you don't need to take them. We have a dog and she cleared immigration when we arrived on our TWP, they are no longer part of the process. Same as goods to follow (unless you have some more of course!) our goods are already here now so we didn't need to do that either.
Hope this helps! Its quite a process, Eh!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

I know eh?!

Thanks so much, that definitely clears that up, we planned to stay in Montana for the night anyway and visit the malls. I can't understand why they would get so annoyed with people flagpoling, if the process dictates landing or visiting an office, then who wouldn't take the trip? I guess that's what the offices are there for... We have no more goods to follow either which is great, do they tax you on anything previously brought over? i.e. we came on a work permit, hubby brought a roll cab tool box for work, wondering if we'd get taxed... Thanks so much again, hope you are loving it as much as we are
I know it doesn`t really make sense, maybe they feel that people are `using` them! We went and spent money anyway and helped the USA economy! haha! No issue with any goods already in Canada, they don`t even ask! any tax implications would have been added when you orginally received your goods at customs after your goods arrived in Canada. We love Canada and feel even better now we are PR! Next step citizenship, 2 years to wait to apply for that though so going to enjoy the peace for the moment! Good luck, it feels great knowing your almost done and even better when you actually are
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

I know it doesn`t really make sense, maybe they feel that people are `using` them! We went and spent money anyway and helped the USA economy! haha! No issue with any goods already in Canada, they don`t even ask! any tax implications would have been added when you orginally received your goods at customs after your goods arrived in Canada. We love Canada and feel even better now we are PR! Next step citizenship, 2 years to wait to apply for that though so going to enjoy the peace for the moment! Good luck, it feels great knowing your almost done and even better when you actually are
Fantastic news - we love it too!! 2 years, not long - dual citizenship here you come!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Gillan,

Hows life in Airdrie?!

We didn't recieve passport requests, they requested a copy of our bio page of our passport, did you send the complete passport?

"Your application has reached the final stage of processing.
As of December 1, 2011, applicants for permanent residence who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a permanent resident visa in their passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident. As you (and your dependents) hold passports from a visa exempt country, we only require a copy of the biographical (picture) pages of your passport(s) in order to issue a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which is the document required to seek admission to Canada as a permanent resident.

So that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Copies (only) of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and for each accompanying family member. DO NOT SEND YOUR PASSPORT
2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
3. The “Updated Information Chart” on page 3, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.

Submit the copies of your passport(s), photos, and information chart within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package. Follow the instructions on page 4 of this letter to submit your package."

Hi

You probably have had you questions answered by the time you read this. We just sent copies of all our passport pages including the blank ones. We are expecting COPR any day now.....! yippee...hope all is well with you.. All good here, feel like we have been here forever already...Are you enjoying Cochrane? You should receive your COPR before Christmas hopefully, if you send it in quick. Nice Christmas present
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gillan85
Hi

You probably have had you questions answered by the time you read this. We just sent copies of all our passport pages including the blank ones. We are expecting COPR any day now.....! yippee...hope all is well with you.. All good here, feel like we have been here forever already...Are you enjoying Cochrane? You should receive your COPR before Christmas hopefully, if you send it in quick. Nice Christmas present
How crazy - after all of this today guess what was waiting in the mail box - We freaking got it!!!! Emotional is not the word!!!! Yours must be imminent
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

How crazy - after all of this today guess what was waiting in the mail box - We freaking got it!!!! Emotional is not the word!!!! Yours must be imminent
congratulations and celebrations ! when you heading to Montana then?:brilliant
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gillan85
congratulations and celebrations ! when you heading to Montana then?:brilliant
Lol for a second I thought you meant the steakhouse!

This sunday! I wonder if theres a window period during the day and if they allow you to flagpole on sundays?
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

We have flagpoled several times through Montana, the last being for our PR...We have never found the US side to be anything but great...good luck on Sunday and enjoy the shopping.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
We have flagpoled several times through Montana, the last being for our PR...We have never found the US side to be anything but great...good luck on Sunday and enjoy the shopping.
Hey Ann thanks so much! Cannot wait, just hope I get all of the documentation!!

thanks again!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news!, have a great weekend
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

We received our COPRs today too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.