Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

That's what I thought.

I'd better get my arse into gear and get this house on the market
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:29 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
That's what I thought.

I'd better get my arse into gear and get this house on the market
I pray ours will come through in the next couple of weeks. Do you have much to do to it before it goes up for sale? When are you hoping to go - summer Hols? the way your application is proceeding, i wouldn't be surprised it was comp by then. Great News for you both.fletch
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

lol, nah, I don't expect completion till the end of the year. We would plan to get over for the start of summer next year.

Unless of course my darling wifey manages to get us over sooner on a work transfer, then we will just complete the PR from over there.

Wishfull thinking, but I need to hang on to my dreams, lol.

I've done the big jobs in the house, like fit a new bathroom suite, just needs finishing, and I hired a skip to clear the old shed and various garden junk. Just cosmetic stuff to take care of, so still a few weeks before it's ready

Last edited by Dave n Ailsa; Feb 18th 2012 at 1:49 pm. Reason: Added house info
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

Great news - fingers crossed for the rest of the process!!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Just thought I'd ask a question that wasn't fully answered when asked by a previous poster.

I know that if you don't get a PER, they will send you application back including fees, BUT does that mean they refund the fees to your credit card, or do they not charge your credit card until they give you a PER?

I know Dave got a letter 3 weeks after his card was charged, but it could have been charged the day they posted it and it took 3 weeks to get to him.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 2:39 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Just thought I'd ask a question that wasn't fully answered when asked by a previous poster.

I know that if you don't get a PER, they will send you application back including fees, BUT does that mean they refund the fees to your credit card, or do they not charge your credit card until they give you a PER?

I know Dave got a letter 3 weeks after his card was charged, but it could have been charged the day they posted it and it took 3 weeks to get to him.
He received the letter 18th, PER on timeline states 10th. I think if you get neg PER, you only get some of the fees back.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh, Cheers.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, the letter was dates the 10th.

I don't know enough about the fee charging to be honest, but I think it would probably make sense for Canada to be happy with your app, charge your fees, then send to Visa office. Or, Canada NOT happy, no charge, return to sender.

But if it goes to London, and THEY don't like you, then you may get some fees back.

Hopefully I won't find that out, but I'll let you know if that happens.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure it won't.

Good luck and I hope the London Visa office employees came back after Christmas dead set on making a dent in that pile of PR applications.

Sadly I have to wait until the quotas reset in July. I'll start my own timeline club for the next intake a few days later
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

oooh, just spotted you have a blog. Kettle, coffee, blog
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hehe,

It's been a while since I posted, although we've re-downloaded all the forms and are creating a big checklist to get into gear, so more posts soon.

PS. nice looking 5 series...
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Banned

Received positive response from CIC, now have a UCI number and application forwarded to VO for processing. CIC website states "In Progress".
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Very similar timeline to us

Awesome news so far
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:01 pm
Banned

I don't mind admitting it, I was a little worried. 11 days between us now.

What happens next? Meds?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fletcher m
I don't mind admitting it, I was a little worried. 11 days between us now.

What happens next? Meds?
Had a wee search there, but because it changes all the time I'm confused.

I was thinking that AOR would be next (Aknowledgement of receipt), but I think that's covered with our PER now, as we have sent all supporting documents with the application.

So I think London will now check over our apps, make sure our universities exist, and are employers are real etc, than if all is good, as you say, Medicals!

and more money

..... I'm running out of cars to sell, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.