The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Sep 24th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
Thanks guys.....I woke up this morning at a loss at what to do...I had no emails to through fervently or checking my ecas status...I guess now i am going to actually have to do some work

It really is a strange feeling, i know that we still have to receive COPR...but the uncertainty has been lifted and the constant worrying and what if questions....

I think I am going to have to get some therapy to deal with all of this...

Best of luck to everybody
your therapy will either be kicking back your heels on a verander with a view......ski-ing down a slow somewhere or shopping for your life at the local wallmart.....gawd i cant wait for that moment ...ive forgotten where youve said youre hoping to go to. im hoping to go to bc and depending on the weather driving through the rockies from Calgary to where i want to call home....im hoping at that point ill know my dream has just begun x
Old Sep 24th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Thats the thing i am already here we live in Okotoks just outside calgary....been here about 3 years now...having pr takes the uncertainty out of things......

Though my therapy might still be all of those things...
Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

We are in the same boat, no change in status since Feb....hopefully they get to our pile soon... reading all the updates on here is so depressing we've started to not read it anymore.

Originally Posted by RbjdtbBurwash
Have we done something wrong????

We applied to Sidney (NS) in October 2011. Forms returned January 2012 because we forgot to tick a box, sent straight back. Fees taken and e-mail confirming case was being sent to London received end of Feb 2012. Our case status has been "In Process" ever since with no further contact. Our submission was complete when sent but Police certificates will now have expired.

Is silence a good thing? The website says apps are dealt with as received, but obviously not as some of the lucky ones on here who applied after us are complete already. Obviously we are happy for you all but just wonder if we are actually "In Process" or not? We did it on our own, does using a consultant make a difference?

Any helpful hints or words gratefully received!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alison n Dave, glad (in a nice way!) it's not just us!

Fingers crossed, we have a colleague who has friends who went out last year. They said it was exactly a year from the date they sent in their app before things got moving so fingers crossed
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

OMG .......i nearly stopped breathing and passed out today when i noticed an email in my inbox from london visa office

in my head i was already leaving work and shopping for a nice bottle of wine to celebrate passport requests when i got home

but oh nooo....it was an email to say my bankers draught was for the wrong amount as i had already paid admin costs....... new bankers draught to be ordered tomorrow of reduced amount

and as compensation im going to spend some of the money saved on something nice....like a box of tissues and a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows and prepare myself for another wait
still smiling though regardless x
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

The very same thing happened to me...once they received the draft I got ppr in 10 days everything is ok
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
The very same thing happened to me...once they received the draft I got ppr in 10 days everything is ok
oh feel a bit better now i was envisaging another months waiting about. im aslo glad it isnt just me that it wasnt clear too
Old Sep 28th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
OMG .......i nearly stopped breathing and passed out today when i noticed an email in my inbox from london visa office

in my head i was already leaving work and shopping for a nice bottle of wine to celebrate passport requests when i got home

but oh nooo....it was an email to say my bankers draught was for the wrong amount as i had already paid admin costs....... new bankers draught to be ordered tomorrow of reduced amount

and as compensation im going to spend some of the money saved on something nice....like a box of tissues and a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows and prepare myself for another wait

oh bummer angelic

But as Anne says it didn't take them long to sort it out so try not to worry to much and the booze always helps lol
Old Sep 29th 2012, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angelic applicant

lol, any excuse for more wine
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
lol, any excuse for more wine
im chief big talker really
i havent had a drink all week i darent even thinking about celebrating or drowning my sorrows until i have a decision either way....i dont want to jinx things plus im scared i may not stop!!

i dont suppose youve heard anything yet?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, no news is no news ;-)

Would be nice to get to the next stage before the police certs run out
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Nah, no news is no news ;-)

Would be nice to get to the next stage before the police certs run out
yes you cant be far off now surely??
i had to get new certs but they were back in just a week so wasn't too much of a wait but i suppose nothing will be much of a wait after being through this process even Christmas comes quicker
Old Oct 1st 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone - pleeeeeaaase help us here! I've just posted in a separate thread but figured you guys might know what I'm on about. CHC have just sent us an email saying there are still gaps in our Schedule A - Personal History, they are saying please provide details to the age of 18. We had previously understood it as the past 10 years. My husband was a self employed contractor so what should he put in the City/Town section as he was all over the place, sometimes for only a few days at a time.

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Hi everyone - pleeeeeaaase help us here! I've just posted in a separate thread but figured you guys might know what I'm on about. CHC have just sent us an email saying there are still gaps in our Schedule A - Personal History, they are saying please provide details to the age of 18. We had previously understood it as the past 10 years. My husband was a self employed contractor so what should he put in the City/Town section as he was all over the place, sometimes for only a few days at a time.

Thanks so much!
oh dear jane deep breaths

I have just dug mine out and I just put my employers name, city and date I started and the word present as I have worked there since my apprenticeship

he's self employed so where does he work from? like his base is it home?

As a lot of people work from their home if they self employed and like use their home address for business related mail and phone etc so I would of probably of put the town where I lived!
as surely you couldn't put every town for every job he's ever done.

I would maybes stick a cover note in explaining that he worked self employed but his main work address was your home! as my work takes me to different places all the time but I just put down the company name and where its based.

And put present in so they know what he's still doing,

Maybes somebody who's self employed and done this before can help Jane but I really do hope you get it sorted
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CDE - I think we're now over analysing everything and are losing sight of what each question is after as they're all blending in. I guess our prinicipal mistake was originally only going back 10 years as we understood that as being more recent than our 18th birthdays... Doh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.